Verse Digest has errors: "Definition of an async function found, but no task class exists."

ya this worked, opening engine again with a proj that has no errors it works, but if switch from proj that has errors, will have error in next proj even though it has no errors

Yes I had existing verse warnings/errors that I was misattributing to this problem.

So my project was opening with errors, I would click Continue, and then I got the barrage of editor warnings about Concurrency and Native modules not importing.

I fixed the existing compilation errors and also deleted the folders mentioned above, that resolved it.

Thanks for the additional info everyone. We’re still investigating this bug, but we think that it’s currently limited to opening a project with Verse code that doesn’t compile, which then affects editor state in a bad way that affects opening/creating other projects.

Is there anyone here whom was able to still reproduce the issue in a brand-new project after an editor restart, without having to delete the files in the directory listed?

Hi all:

We believe that we’ve identified the root cause of this issue and this bug will be fixed in an upcoming UEFN release. In the meantime, thanks to everyone here who contributed information regarding this issue. Please see an official note regarding the known workaround here: Fortnite Ecosystem v29.00 with Known Issues - #7 by Flak

(You should only need to delete the VerseSnapshot folder for your project that you are having issues with, not the entire VerseProject folder)

1 Like