Vector 3D Widget Label Floating Far Away from the Widget

Hey there,

This isn’t a super urgent bug, just a bit annoying, especially when you have a Blueprint that has multiple 3D widgets on it.

As you can see in the screenshot below, the label ‘Snap Loc Forward’ that belongs to the 3D Gizmo of the SnapLocForward vector variable of this Blueprint with Editable and ‘Show 3D Widget’ turned on is floating wayyy off in the distance from the actual widget itself.

It’s just a small Editor rendering glitch but maybe someone knows how to resolve it? I’m running UE 5.1.0 on Windows 10. On Unreal versions 4.x, the label was always hugging the widget really close, which was super clear; but like this it gets really hard to see which label belongs to which vector once you have more than, say, three 3D gizmos being displayed on a single Blueprint.

Thanks a bunch,

Shrooblord

These seem related:

So it would seem this is a high DPI monitor issue. I’ll see if I can achieve the same work-around as Mike Blackney on Twitter found; I’ll quote the posts here so the information is all in one place:

I made this fix, but it only fixed some instances - I did a deeper dive and the root cause is in Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\UserInterface\CanvasItem.cpp

The method FCanvasTextItemBase::Draw multiplies positions by DPI, then passes result into DrawStringInternal_RuntimeCache which does the DPI multiply a second time! Not sure which of two should be removed but I removed from ::Draw and that seems to have worked