User Interface Kit

Yeah! I think we’ll be able to do it! It seems a good idea too! I talked to our artist and he has most of the files, only thing left is to put them together!

Is there a release date for this as of yet?

Well today they asked us to send them the project files. So I think that’s the second stage of the submission! Not sure how long this stage will take! Surely a few weeks I guess… :-/

Are there plans to make the widgets “movable” and location “savable” while ingame?

Are you talking about the “Window” Widgets?
Because the windows are movable and the location is saved. When you close a window (for example the spellbook) and then reopen it it opens in the same spot you closed it.

The other widgets like health and actionbars are not movable (except if you enclose them inside a window widget). We wouldn’t make a movable actionbar since it’s not how in general actionbars work. But if you need it to move, feel free to enclose it inside a window widget or copy/paste the code of the window inside whatever widget you need.

Quick question when will tutorials be coming?

Sometime this week I guess. The showcase level is a bit self-explanatory so I want the tutorials to be short and to the point for stuff that’s not included in “help boxes” inside the level!
Did you grab the UI Kit and have questions? I am not in a hurry for making the tutorials since it will probably take some time for the marketplace release…

Yeah I’m trying to link the spell system to the actionbar and spellbook.

Well first of all, the actionbars are firing an event so the only thing you need to do is bind the “Event/Function/Whatever” to the event dispatcher that is provided.
A good example is to see how I did the spells. They have an event which is added to the event dispatcher.

Now the spell book is more of an “example” on how to do something similar! But if you replace the spell blueprints I provided with your spells (and have a function that returns the description and the icon) it should work well enough!
Unfortunately I don’t have access to the spell system in the marketplace but I will try to make a tutorial for the UI kit as soon as possible since you have trouble! :slight_smile:

And if you need more information until the tutorial is released, feel free to post here a more specific question!

any news on the release date of this? Is it going to be available before christmas?

Hey! Well unfortunately we are still waiting for Epic to reply. We have sent our project files and I think they are now reviewing them! I am not sure how long this takes but I hope it won’t take much more time! I don’t have any estimates though :frowning:

Does Epic always take so long to publish onto the market place?

Just wanted to note that we picked this up recently from the selfy site, and it is very well done. Good all around pack.

This pack is awesome!

Im just waiting for it to go on the UE4 market!

Hey guys! Thanks a lot for the support! I hope you enjoy it and you should know that we will be posting updates on sellfy too!

I really have no idea why they are taking so long! I might email them again if they don’t answer in 2-3 days!

What sort of future updates do you have planned?

Hey! As I posted a few weeks ago, we might add a few more widgets (like the suggestions we had), some functionality improvements and of course fixing any bugs that come up.
We also plan to keep the content updated and working on future versions of the engine so if any changes are required for updates we will make sure we release them!

First off, I purchased this a few days ago, and it is awesome! So anyone on the fence about purchasing, don’t be. Secondly, just a question. I’ve made a few spells using the spell_example, and then using blueprints to produce what I want the spell to do. I can’t find where the spells are added to the spell book at startup. Other than that, I’ve found everything straight forward, and easy to use.

Keep up the great work!

Hey! Thanks for your kind words! We really appreciate them!

The spellbook widget contains a few singlespell widgets inside. (The constructor of the singlespell is the one that finds the spell and saves the text and icon). Now on the spellbook widget again, you can click on the singlespell subwidgets and tin the “Details” tab under the category “Default”, just select the appropriate spell on the “Spell Actor Class” variable.
In general if you are stuck just check the *PUBLIC *variables on all our blueprints/widgets since they are both commented(if explanation is needed) and the ones that you might need to change/feed with your own values