User Interface Kit

$60 sold thanks for listening to suggestions. Release day buy for me!

Thanks everyone, I hope our decisions will be proven correct!

The project includes only BP code, BP widgets and textures/materials. No C++ is involved!
I’ll post some more images we used in the submission:

Looks amazing. Can’t wait for this to hit the marketplace :eek:

Looks super awesome, hope this gets put up soon!

This is a for sure purchase for me, cannot wait for it’s release.

This kit looks great.
It is planned character inventory armor and weapons and the ability to drag these items from inventory to character inventory ?

Thanks a lot guys! I hope it won’t take long till release! Unfortunately we haven’t heard news from Epic yet but let’s hope it won’t take long!

Hello! This is a User Interface Kit and for the time being we plan on keeping it that way! We want widgets with functionality that can be used in every game but getting into specifics like inventory and its underlying mechanics is too much I think!
We might include visual improvements and just a bit of functionality examples on the inventory windows but we plan on staying out of the “heavy” stuff that comes with a complete inventory system. I hope we will be able to provide a visual (UI) kit that can be attached to every game independent of the underlying code.

Well done, that looks really amazing!

Hi Semitable

That looks pretty good. I Want It All:D

I wonder, it’s easy to integrate other assets like Character System and Spell System sold in Marketplace?

You could try to expand to enclose things like loading screen widget, pause menu and modular main menu widget.

Hey! Thanks for the ideas! The widgets you mentioned seem general enough to be great for us to include in a follow-up update. We will surely consider most of them!

Unfortunately I am not sure at the moment if its easy to integrate with the specific assets you mentioned.
We tried a lot to make it as simple and independent as possible (code-wise)
For example the window widget only needs the widget you wish to enclose as an input and it should work out of the box.
Maybe I’ll have to talk with some developers to see if we can guarantee compatibility!

Now… about the release! We have more than two weeks since we submitted and we haven’t heard back from Epic. I am not sure what we’re supposed to do now… Should we wait more? Email them again? (I already emailed them once and no answer) I hope the next steps go a bit faster!

Looks awesome. Have you tested the minimap on a terrain, such as an island?

Hey! Yes the minimap is well-tested and works on everything! You can both capture the terrain/landscape **or **use a custom (hand drawn) texture which will give it a more polished look and work a little better with buildings etc.

So after receiving several requests I uploaded the kit on sellfy since the marketplace queue doesn’t seem to be moving…

Here’s the link: https://sellfy.com/p/8Or2/

We will release some updates while going through the process of Epic’s quality control!
Also since I wasn’t expecting to release it now the video tutorial is not ready yet! (the showcase level does include a tutorial-like quest and some comments though)
So you can expect a tutorial video quite soon!
Thanks everyone and don’t forget to post questions and requests here! :slight_smile:

can we bind anything we want on the actionbars? we already have a spell system and I was wondering if it’s going to be easy to add your kit in the mix. really looking forward for it to be released though! might grab it on sellfy too if it takes too long

What would really sell this for me is if you created a photoshop template that showed exact dimensions of each element and how it should be broken down so our UI artists can paint directly over the template without trying to line up measurements. Would save tons and tons of time.

You just stole my words.

Yeah, you can bind almost anything in the actionbars! It should only take a simple event bind and you can run anything (either a spell or an item function (like a potion))

Hm! A photoshop template so that you can just replace our textures with yours? It should be easy to just check our texture size and how we broke them down since everything is organized in folders but I think we can do a photoshop file! I will actually ask our artist about this and we can try it! I hope I didn’t misunderstand what you are asking! :slight_smile:

Pretend you have a repository that you don’t want to give to a contractor who is doing your UI art (not my situation but it’s great for this example). Either you don’t have room to give your Perforce seat away or the contractor doesn’t want to download 60 GB of repo data just to make some UI art (again, just an example for describing a purpose).

Instead, you can make a word file and list all the dimensions and send the contractor each file individually, exported from UE4. Assume the artist inevitably misunderstands the purpose of a specific art piece (or misunderstands you when you are giving dimensions). Then he has to make adjustments and/or redo it. Or maybe he just has questions about specific art sizes and purposes. It’s all painful and tedious.

Or you can just send him a photoshop file (or illustrator or whatever) that has all the art in all the proper sizes. No questions, no fuss. Now all I need to say is “Make it to the exact dimensions.”

Yeah! I think I got the use case! Seems interesting! Would the photoshop file include only the dimensions and a “template” or should it also include the original textures we painted?
The good thing is that we almost have something like this and it should be extremely easy to release it if you want :slight_smile:
I will surely include it in Sellfy! Can we include it in the marketplace too or it doesn’t let you upload psd’s?

I’m not positive on marketplace rules. It also doesn’t truly matter if the final art is in the file, but it does help give a better picture if the artist sees “oh that’s the hotbar because the art looks like its a hotbar, and the art looks like its attached to the bottom middle of the screen so that’s probably where it should go”. Photoshop is probably the easiest format to work with, but you could also just make a big PNG file as long as the sizes remain accurate. PSD is preferred though since it’s much easier to work with.

YES…great idea