Updating navmesh

Hi :slight_smile:

I have made a flat level with a navmesh on it. In this level i have a blueprint that, when activated, places a large solid block, and afterwards deletes this block and in stead places 1 of 5 randomly chosen types of highrise building.
The block symbolizes construction of the building and covers the same area as the highrise itself.
The highrise buildings are made so that i can run through halls on the bottom floor.

However when the highrise gets placed, the construction block get “component deleted” but is still blocking the navmesh, so the AI characters soesn’t follow along thorugh the halls.

The circle marked with red shows the blocking on the navmesh by the construction block. The blocked area shows where the edges of the construction block appears when made visible. (Even though it is initially hidden it also affects the navmesh before randomizing as you can see.)

So my question is:
Does the navmesh update upon changing the level in-game (As in update when construction block turns visible, and again when deleted and random highrise is shown)
Or is it a setting i might have wrong since the construction floor is affecting the initial navmesh even though it is hidden?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Any takers :slight_smile:

I believe you can update the nav mesh dynamically by Project Settings -> Navigation Mesh -> RebuildAtRuntime