Unreal Studio / Datasmith for Mac?

Mac here too, and super jazzed with Sketchup and Unreal possibilities for demos. Need that Datasmith, please!

1 Like

Has anyone tried this in BootCamp? Iā€™ve been struggling to get the Engine Editor to run, but no joy. The DX11 requirement has me stuck. Iā€™ve got DX12 installed with Mojave. Does not want to backtrack. 30 years on Mac. Not delighted.

Q: Are you keenly waiting for the MacOS version of Datasmith?
A: Yes

1 Like

The majority of Set Designers in film run Sketchup on a mac. (including me). We would be all over this if it was available. Very interested!

2 Likes

If nobody on the mac is using UE4/Unreal Studio - how could you expect to get any kind of representative feedback from Mac users that are shut out? Iā€™m principal of an architecture firm that subcontracts to many other architects for viz services. But we are staunch Mac supporters for the simplicity of management/IT/Security. We use all Mac Pros - itā€™s not a question of hardware capability. This is a huge bummer for us bc we donā€™t like Twinmotion.

2 Likes

Any news on the progress of the Mac version? I would really love to start providing my customers with a VR walkthrough of their home. Currently it is a nightmare to try to import a home done in Sketchup into UE4.

Hello everyone,
I registered and download the Launcher but I can not get the Unreal engine 4.22. I do use a macbook pro. Is that the reason?
Is it possible to download an older version of the engine to work with? I am quite new here. Any advice is more than welcome.
Thank you.

Datasmith for Mac is something we want to support, but timing isnā€™t definite on it. I think in a few months, we can be more clear.

re: 4.22 on Mac Pro
Should be fine. Try reinstalling the Launcher if youā€™re having problems.

Are there any updates on the Launch for Datasmith on Mac OS?

need Datasmith on Mac OS!!!

1 Like

Datasmith for Mac was supposed to have launched months ago per earlier comments. Is it still coming? Any idea when?

1 Like

Hoping the announcement of the new Mac Pro will add some fuel to this fireā€¦ still waiting (semi) patiently

Datasmith for Mac, please

1 Like

Both this post and this post mention end of 2019. Is this still the planned timeline?

Well, since we now soon will have an excellent Blender Datasmith plugin the playfield is about to change a little bit, since I believe that the iPhone games market dwarves the pro tools market by quite some orders of magnitude, if you want to do that contest. :slight_smile:

(EDIT: I now see that most people doing iOS games do it on PC and VPN build to a Mac? Boo. :stuck_out_tongue: On the bright side, I managed to open my datasmith project on my Mac without any issue. I guess the only thing is that Iā€™m not able to re-import or import new assets unless I do that on the PC first. Still, one more vote for Mac.)

Datasmith for me too please!! Mac Book Pro + Rhinoceros user.

It says datasmith but then it doesnā€™t work, even a button ā€œinstall to engineā€ that doesnā€™t do anything?!

iā€™d love to use my c4d files natively on my mac :slight_smile: +1 for the mac request team :wink: any news?

We expect have to have some early, preliminary support for Datasmith on Mac by the end of this year. Internal development is underway. Not all workflows will be supported right away, but it will be a start. Weā€™re not able to provide more details at this time regarding what will be supported.

Mac OS + Rhino user here as well looking to use the Unreal Studio with Datasmith

[USER=ā€œ9ā€]Stephen Ellis[/USER] with about 7 weeks left in the year, would you say that this estimate for preliminary mac support arriving in 2019 is still accurate? I understand thereā€™s no other details available, but always appreciate the timeline updates, even if they are just estimates.