Unreal Studio / Datasmith for Mac?

Just wondered if there are any plans to introduce native use of Datasmith and Unreal Studio for Mac? As the Beta registration for Unreal Studio currently says only available for Windows.
I realise that this is a very new feature from Unreal, so development for use of Mac platform may be in the pipeline - just wanted to know if that is the case?

Probably one of the big issues there is that currently it’s focused on 3ds Max which isn’t available for Mac.

We plan on supporting OSX, just not in the next 3 months. Hopefully by end of year.

Good point darth. This is understandable, thanks for the replies.

Support for Mac would be awesome !!

Did you change your mind/plans?

They still have another 6 months! :slight_smile:

We’re still talking about it. Did you hear that Apple is abandoning OpenGL? I wonder what pro tools will be left on the Mac…

OpenGL has been dying for years now due to Metal which is far superior . As far as pro tools uhh it has everything I need. Whats missing? It even has Autocad and finally a decent version of it. The only thing missing is Lumion for me but UE and UES hopefully on Mac will eliminate my need for it.

Is there Support for Maya in the Plans as well?

Gotta quote him on this. BTW, with Unreal Studio working properly on Macs, we can also ditch Twinmotion and save some $.

Yes there are. You can view this for the current planned support. https://unrealstudiohelp.epicgames.com/s/article/What-Software-and-File-Types-are-Planned-for-Development

Any updates on this? Since the Beta has been extended does that mean the Mac version will be “hopefully end of next year” instead?

Any updates on releasing Datasmith for Mac? We’re getting close to the end of the year and I’m wondering if it’s still on track.

Hi everyone!
I just registered and I see that there is no version for mac ???

Hi,
Although we would like to,
​t​​​​​here is no definite plan for Datasmith to support Mac users at this stage.

In march, You said before the end of the year for MAC … when will it be possible ?

very deceptive to not find a mac version for an architecture/design app : let me export from Sketchup Pro and import it on the Studio please, on the Mac !

I understand that Max is not on the Mac, but from someone that works well with others I do get files from my Windows peeps. They want me to take their files and put them into Unreal. I find it extremely frustrating to think that because the origin software is not on Mac, I would never need Datasmith. In fact I use Chief Architect on the Mac most of the time which is Mac or PC and bring those files into Unreal. I do need to open Parallels for a grand total of about 15 minutes to convert the Chief Architect file in Max, then I go into Unreal on the Mac side and go about my day. It’s just disappointing to hear that now there are no plans to finish the Mac version.

It’s not a matter of “IF” it is a matter of scheduling it. Every time we release a version of Unreal Studio beta we also send out a user survey. In the user survey, we ask what people need supported in terms of formats and platforms. The simple answer is that more people have been asking for other things. If we had unlimited resources, we’d have this sorted. I’m sorry it is taking longer than expected to support Datasmith on the Mac. I don’t know timing yet and I don’t want to mislead you, it will happen in 2019.