Unreal Engine 5.3 Released

I’m sad that 5.3.2 didn’t fix this bug

2 Likes

I just think this is the best. Firstly, if you don’t like it, you can skip it. Secondly, you can fix some bugs yourself, which may require recruiting more personnel. However, it has increased employment and employment. Thirdly, it can shield low-end practitioners, and Unity is a counter example. People who don’t delve deeper into things will only become more fatigued.

@Amanda.Schade Similar to me. Bug reports get ignored 80% of times; it’s a pitty that they are killing their “free beta-testers service” (ourselves). I think bug reporting is a valuable tool for Epic they should take care of, confirming or replying (at least) every report.

1 Like

Too bad that a regression bug that was introduced in 5.3 still not fixed

My bug submission report with a video provided also got ignored

I am sad because owners of a low amount of video memory may face a problem because nanite has stopped working with DX 11

And the new Direct x 12 consumes a lot of video memory

4gb vram (laptop RTX 3050ti

cool

The substrate materials are very good

Bug with bad downscale icons on mac still here. 5.3.2

Anyone else having World Partition issues since 5.3.2? Our game ran fine up to 5.3.1 but since the hotfix our WP levels only load the HLODs and none of the cells are triggered by the player streaming source in a packaged build. Our build due Monday has now had to stop as the game is now unplayable :confused:

1 Like

Can we get an update to the Distance Field information page? It still says they are only supported on sm5 platforms, but it says in the feature updates of 5.3 that the Global Field is available on mobile forward render. As far as I can tell, this isn’t true because materials won’t compile for ES3_1 if it has distance field nodes in it.

I would like to announce the bug that the async physics is now in the game thread since 5.3.1, however someone made that possible.

Cheers

@apfelbaum
can you clarify what you just said?

When you use the async tick from either an Actor or a component and you check these two functions:

They both evaluate as true.

Additionally this plugin is also not working anymore.

I already checked the UE5 source and a few things changed in the physics department but I was not yet able to figure out what the problem is.

1 Like

Hello! I would be grateful if you could clarify the following question: how did the gravity settings change? I heard that changes were made, but I couldn’t find what.
Thank you.

1 Like

Since when bugs in code have become a good thing for anyone?
And it’s not about some small cosmetic bugs but critical bugs affecting the release of most products that just fail to work as they should.
Fixing the bugs yourself on an engine made of millions of lines of codes on thousands of files that are not made by either you or your team if you have one ? Seriously ? Just going thru all the references can take a huge amount of time.
And then fixing and changing things even when someone manages to if it doesn’t get merged with the official code it would break compatibility with both marketplace assets and new source code releases.
What matters is not how good anyone can be fixing others works … any 3D engine should ensure productivity above everything else, but that could be said for any framework.
If Apple didn’t continously updated full documentation on all their APIs and fixed all the reported bugs surely iOS and the iPhone wouldn’t have become the huge financial success that they are.
Now AAA Software Houses pay a lot of money for 24/7 premium support and surely get the bugs fixed with UE releases but then why those bugs are not getting fixed on the public releases for everyone ? I can understand being delayed a bit but even never ?
LTS releases is what is needed. Period.

1 Like

Request for LTS versions of UE and marketplace assets.

4 Likes

@Amanda.Schade

Please send this as feedback:

Visibility buffer rendering speeds up rendering for opaque’s but Nanite is too heavy and complex.

Give devs a way to use Visibility buffer rendering without Nanite and it’s overhead.

Not everyone prioritizes disk space over performance:

The primary reason to use lower resolution Nanite meshes is to save on disk space. The performance of lower poly meshes may not be intuitive or like you are used to. Commonly that won’t improve perf. Sometimes it can even be slower. YMMV.

From Brian Karis himself, from this comment.

local multiplayer is still not fixed. skip assign gamepad to player 1 does not work.

2 Likes

Hey, I don’t see the SIMULATE PHYSICS in my Static Mesh properties, and it’s been fixed… why do I still have the issue?

I noticed something really strange in 5.3 like interiors suddenly going dim at random and could not figure out what the heck was going on.

Turns out that if you import or reimport a static mesh, one specifically with textures on it, those meshes will be missing surface cache coverage afterwards. There doesn’t seem to be a way to fix this within Unreal itself.