Unreal Engine 5.2 Released

Seems like flickering with some AA methods has become a bit more of a problem in 5.2.1. Very disappointing…given than Lumen’s performance seems to have actually become a bit worse than 5.1, I would have expected some of these problems to have been ironed out.

also

This little text explaining what every single icon is in the outliner has GOT to be disabled by default. This is so much text clutter for no reason, the icons/ their bar colors already tell you what type of file they are visually.

Why yes - that folder, with the big folder icon, IS a folder! Please make this a toggle at the very least so we can get rid of it, it is so intrusive

3 Likes

Sorry for the double post, but I’m also now finding a lot of visual artefacts with Nanite foliage in 5.2.1 (even after the hotfix) that were not present in 5.1 on NVIDIA hardware.

I had previously submitted a bug report for an issue in 5.1 (nothing came of it…it was never fixed as far as I know) for Nanite foliage flickering with the AMD 6700xt and 7900 XTX. You can see that here: Nanite causes flickering on foliage with AMD GPU, but not NVIDIA

However this is now happening in 5.2.1 on NVIDIA RTX 3080 and 2070 as well, whereas in 5.1 it was restricted to the AMD 6000 and 7000 series.

Have confirmed that this happens both on foliage assets made for Nanite (i.e., modelled leaf-by-leaf) AND on assets using Masked foliage. I think it may be related to AA (seems worse with TSR than TAA). Hard to say. It’s not quite as bad as it was on AMD hardware, but you can see trees fickering / jittering here and also how that stops when TSR is disabled by console command.

1 Like

No mention of it in the patch notes, but seems like they finally fixed Clear Coat in MacOS, which was completely broken, flickering white, since 5.0

Still would love more focus on fixes and less focus on messing about with needless changes like the new labels in the content browser which can’t even be disabled?

2 Likes

Is there an ETA to update the Infinity Blades packs to 5.2 - the assets are not detected by simply adding them to a 5.1 project and then moving the folder into a 5.2 branch.

UPDATE
Adding content to a 5.1 project and then using the Migration tool to migrate to a 5.2 project works, but this most of the times migrates also additional content which is not needed.

Creating and or assigning a physic asset results in crash.

Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h] [Line: 752] Array index out of bounds: -1 from an array of size 161

World Partition, when content path/reference is broken, content remains unloaded/can not be removed from world.

Yep. There is lots of problems like this. One of the worst is similar, when unreal crashed and world actors are not added to perforce. But this can already be seen on Matrix - when you want to edit their content, some packed level actors look ok, but when you go into edit mode and load the map from which the blueprint is packed, it is empty, thanks to the missing external actors. Basically you loosing content and your work.

Hello there!

I want to use the car model that is released with 5.2 update. I saw there is an amazing offroad car in the YouTube channel of Unreal Engine. However I cannot use it even though I updated to 5.3. Any idea why?

It wasn’t released.

I am searching to download unreal archviz but it seems to evade me.
Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Hi there, what do you mean about unreal archviz? You mean Twinmotion or a template project for archviz?

I see references to 5.2.1 but do not find it in the Launcher’s version install pulldown. It appears I need this version to do MassAI. Is 5.2.1 out yet or just available to UE users who follow the git repo?

Edit: I just noticed that in Jun, it did say 5.2.1 was released. I would have to change this question to ask why it would not show up in my launcher and how one would fix it?

Edit2: My problems was some sort of launcher issuef not a 5.2 problem. After restarting the launcher a few times, the 5.2 installation changed from “Launch” to “Update” and 5.2.1 installed fine.

Using SSAO with Lumen causes the distance to be black. Fix this in 5.3 please

Reproduce by turning off the shortrangeAO Lumen Cvar and turning on the SSAO Lumen cvar. You will see the distance will be blackened out like Lumen is ignoring the far scene and SSAO doesn’t even end up working.

I have the same issue , did you find a solution?