Unreal Engine 5.2 Released

This occurs in version 5.2 release of git →

Plugin ‘AnimationLocomotionLibrary’ failed to load because module ‘AnimationLocomotionLibraryRuntime’ could not be loaded. There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly set up.

1 Like

Strange, I did the same test and got a clear improvement, here I am using m.2 I don’t know what changes your configuration to mine but it’s a 3060.

Is there a way to turn off the new content browser text? (“Folder”, “Blueprint Class”, etc.)
I find it only clutters my view.

Screenshot 2023-05-13 081637

10 Likes

Updating project to 5.2 breaks the meshes location data in ray tracing mode.

Old animations I bring in are all stuck in A-pose when UE4 skeleton is assigned. Same ones are fine in 5.1.
This is a major issue. So I’ll have to revert back to 5.1.

Differences vs working anims:

• text says “Animation is being edited. To Apply to compressed data (and recalculate baked additives), click Apply”
  • Animation Track Names has 68 array elements, while working anim has 0
  • File size is 14kb vs 1mb working version

On the same settings? I could not get HWRT lumen to activate so I only test SWRT lumen.
(even though I have HWRT enabled, further object will not light so that tells me hwrt is not on)

What was the ms or FPS boost on your end because I would love to have 60fps hit in ue5+lumen already.

Same thing here.

Agreed! It’s just redundant and shouldn’t be on by default.

2 Likes

Same for everyone, i have reported the issue it will appear as issue [UE5.2]City Sample broken. AI and cars are not rendering

2 Likes

Hi @E_PepeGamer,
The WindForce.uasset needs compiled first to cure the error.

Copy into the content folder from
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.2\Engine\Plugins\FX\Niagara\Content\Modules\Update\Forces

I suggest you copy the folders “Modules\Update\Forces” into your “Blank Project/Content” folder.

Start UE52 open “Blank Project/Content” click down to Modules\Update\Forces and double click on “WindForce.uasset”

The blue print editor opens and you will see the error marker has occurred. Click “Compile” to get the green tick.
Click File → Save All
Look at the picture Physics Field shows None hence the type error

For more information see the documentation
Overview of Physics Fields in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.0 Documentation
in particular the command read about which must be set
r.PhysicsField.Rendering.TargetType

I do not have any skill in Niagara I just searched the UE 5.2 release
code for “WindForce.uasset”

In the meantime all older release notes before 4.26 are gone, returning 404. Can you guys please restore them? They are really a valuable source of informations for all those dealing still with older versions of engine. Thank you.

All sound wave and cue file won`t work in UE5.2,how to fix this,please give a hint~

See the post of new links for documentation
Updated Documentation links for Unreal 4
Archive versions

Hi, I am talking about the release notes of the old engine versions, like this link: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Support/Builds/ReleaseNotes/4_25/index.html or this: https://docs.unrealengine.com/4.27/en-US/WhatsNew/Builds/ReleaseNotes/4_16

All release notes before 4.26 (so starting to 4.25 down to 4.1) returns 404 or get redirect 5.x documentation. They were used to be still accessible from 4.27/4.26 documentation, probably through some kind of redirect

So far only way to read such release notes is web archive in an uncomfortable way since there get so many redirects that makes getting the old link hard and so recovering such notes.

2 Likes

CItySample crowd and vehicles work if you run it in standalone mode, but not in editor. No idea why

3 Likes

That’s right i have tried the MassCrowd level it’s working fine in standalone.
i can’t test the small city since i have only 32Gb RAM.

Thanks for the report! The team is investigating.

1 Like

Removing World Partition Turns scene BLACK and removes all objects. S-T-O-P trying to embed World Partition in default scenes Please. Instead spend your time making the new tools work properly for Listen Server Devs. Who have been left out in a lot of cases…

This what you’re looking for? Procedural Content Generation Overview | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation

Thanks for the report on the broken link - looks like that’s been fixed!

1 Like

So great @Amanda.Schade ! We need more people like you :slight_smile: Thank you.

Please, could you check this many Ray Tracing shadowing and reflecting bugs too?