Unreal Engine 5.2 + City Sample 5.2 driving bug

Not yet, im using mainly source 5.2 release but when i encounter this i will look into it, i definitelly have seen that bug and also some cars have missing parts

2 Likes

Hello,
When Iā€™m driving on the map of City sample, the car suddenly gets buried in the ground and Iā€™m in trouble because I canā€™t drive. Help me. I tried Unreal Engine versions 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2, but every time the car gets stuck in the same place and I canā€™t drive.

Iā€™m trying to render a car chase scene with a crash. It all looks great but when the car flips the windows pop out and hang at the back of the car. This there a way to stop this from happening?
ē”»åƒ

check if you dont have missing collision there as i recall i think there are some missing on freeway tile as well on rails, go to Build and do Map check, it will list all missing collisions ( i had 895 in empty city sample) which you can fix, cant think anything else atm

2 Likes

Quick sum up of the findings: Does not look like a collision issue. Vehicle pawn simply vanishes

2 Likes

This is the downside to procedurally generated content. Projects become a bite too big to swallow. You canā€™t check miles and miles of correct collisions.

2 Likes

How can I resolve the warnings in yellow letters? I want to know what the yellow letters mean.

I was looking for the same issue and this post solved it > ā€œWorld Partion, current pawn vanishes when reaching cell loading range limit - #8 by danie_grobbelaarā€

2 Likes

Didnt see your comment but i did testing and came to same solution , it was caused but spatially loaded car, after you uncheck it it works fine

Yes, a current project in 5.2.1 is doing the same thing.

Solution: Content/Gameplay/Character file on double click and change to collagen section Collagen Presets= change to ā€œOverlap Only Pawnā€ driving perfectly working.

3 Likes

Hiā€¦
In city sample project in play mode when a character try to drive the vehicleā€¦when I press ā€˜Cā€™ to enter the vehicle for driveā€¦the vehicle auto crashesā€¦plz see the video.
plz help to reslove the issue

hiā€¦thanks for reply
I did what u saidā€¦still same issue

In play mode when I type ā€˜Cā€™ to get in the carā€¦car crashes with near by objectsā€¦

hope you posted the image in return value tick on

which value tick?

plz share ur screenshot

ā€œon character BPā€

You Must Save character BP

hi ā€¦return value is onā€¦still same issueā€¦
I saved character bpā€¦