Unreal Engine 5.2 + City Sample 5.2 driving bug

Unreal Engine 5.2 + City Sample 5.2 package, no code change.

Anyone can recreate the same driving bug? Is this an Unreal Engine 5.2 bug or City Sample 5.2 project bug?

4 Likes

Is it particularly this vehicle or does it happen often in other locations?

It happens to any vehicles anywhere.

Ouch! I wish I could help you check on my end, but my graphics card isn’t nearly enough for running that demo. Hopefully someone else can flag if they are experiencing this issue.

I have the same problem. My project file, which worked perfectly in 5.1.1, did the same in 5.2.0.

Video doesnt play anymore?

? don’t understand what u mean …

your included video doesnt play anymore.

Here’s another link of the video

1 Like

yes this is sadly bug when you try to drive any car you get weird physics, also some vehicles spawning without wheels or you just see wheels traveling on the road. i will be digging to see if we find solution

Same thing happening for me too after updating to 5.2. It’s funny, when building on 5.1, the game always crashed after a minute or so, now on 5.2 it doesn’t crash, but the car physics are “crashing”.

Happens here as well. Entering a vehicle results in physical trouble.

Is there a chance any of the official devs will notice this thread and provide an update/fix?

1 Like

Well after 2 days of headache its so simple to fix.

in Gameplay/Driving/BP_CarEntryInteraction go to last branch and add small delay or delayuntilnexttick

10 Likes

Thank you so much. Can you outline how you approached the problem and what reasoning lead to the fix?

Also: Right now i wonder why there i no traffic when i play the game in-editor, only when i package everying. Any idea why this is happening?

i just went step by step and tried to go through sequence of events happening when entering car and ended up at that last node causing an issue so added some delay to test and it worked.
About editor traffic and crowd you need to edit processors in Project settings/Mass. It works but i enabled all to work in editor which is probably overkill

Look in here and scroll bit down in small section MassProcessor Bug in 5.2

also i would suggest to restart editor once you change these settings

3 Likes

Will the City Sample 5.2 project repository update with this fix accordingly?

I greatly appreciate your help. You just saved me a ton of time.

No, i use both versions and its same issue. But ue5-main branch has processors fixed but city sample doesnt work in that branch so in the meantime you can do manual fix and wait for update

2 Likes

You advice proved to be incredibly helpful. I still get missing tires on a number of vehicles. Have you been able to fix that too?