Unreal Engine 5.0 Preview

Hi!
You could try to disable distance field lighting on your landscapes.
Select all your landscapes, Then in the details panel search for “Affect distance field lighting”
That will disable lumen on your landscapes. Let me know if that helped :slight_smile:

great! but i am very much disappointed as after preview release unreal engine 5 got removed from my epic store (nor early access neither preview is available) and i had a project which i have been working for weeks is now just paused!!!

and also no customer care support is helping me in that case

@Septsaber0
Executing GenerateProjectFiles.bat and Setup.bat fixed this error for me.

Will the size of UE5 decrease in the release version.
It’s 50 Gigs

"Hardware Ray Tracing" is not working on directlight indirect lighting
When Turn on

Turn off

Turn off is the expected result
That not happen in UE5 EA, is a new issue in UE5 Preview 1

Other example
Hardware ray tracing on

Hardware ray tracing off

How does Anim Blueprint Template work? I don’t know how to utilize it?

I’m wondering if there’s any plans to get the Vulkan RHI to support raytracing and lumen+nanite (As there are Vulkan extensions that support raytracing on both NVIDIA and AMD GPUs), whether the 60Hz framepacer being the default in Vulkan has been changed, the weird defaults for DX12 leading to shader compilation related frametime stutters have been changed, if Steamworks v1.53 is going to be included (So one could implement proper Steam Deck support in their game without having to mangle a GitHub fork of the engine to update the SDK), and if DLSS/FSR are going to be included with the final engine release and enabled right out of the box.

There’s certainly a bunch of stuff that a major milestone release of Unreal Engine coming from UE4 could fix in terms of withstanding issues that the engine currently has, especially on the PC front of things.

We have an issue with static mesh LOD, when migrating meshes from UE4 the auto computed Screen Size parameter is different (much bigger), and as result the LOD switches way too near! Check the screenshot please. Is there any option to set it back to the same value as in UE4?

I think Alt+P should be set to “Selected Viewport” rather than “Play” by default. At the moment when you hit Alt+S, exit and then Alt+P, it just simulates again. Which isn’t intuitive.

This looks like the issue I was having with assets disappearing (thus fail to load).
I determined that projects must be opened by first launching UE5 Preview, and opening them from Recent Projects. Projects can’t be opened directly or assets fail to load.
Wrote about it here: Assets Disappearing in UE5 Preview

Any news on if Epic plugins such as Motion Warping will be updated for Preview?
It came with Early Access but isn’t working with Preview.

Anyone else getting constant groom crashes? I cant seem to open any grooms or use any hair materials without instantly crashing.

Same here, I’m not able to use the Simple warp anymore.

IS there anyone else using those tools that manages to make it work?

It seems Echo Windwalker demo is not compatible with preview… any chance It will be updated or do I need to revert to the previous release?

Could this this setting be enabled by default, to match the behavior of most other DCCs? It’s annoying having to do it manually over and over again. Thanks!

Check if the LOD Group that is currently set to “Deco” is the same is an ue4.
If it is then you can always manually adjust by unticking “Auto compute lod distances”

Does UE5 Preview also support Megascans Trees? Or will that be in a post preview release? (Note: UE5 Preview dropped with perfect timing! My last project wouldn’t render in Early Access but the Preview version knocked it out!)

I have had similar crashes with groom assets that where simulating upon start( especially long dense hair) You can try to set them to not simulate physics on start, then after level load enable physics on them from blueprint.

Hi all!

My meshes in UA5 look distorded, probably a setting because if I go to mesh painter modes It’s OK. Any idea how to resolve?

Looks like the TSR crash is related to cinematic anti-aliasing scalability