Unreal Engine 5.0 Preview

I’m getting constant crashes when renaming cameras, switching from unlit to lit mode and lots of other little simple editor interactions cause a crash and so far its pretty much unusable on my end - I never experienced anything like this with early access versions. Hope this is solved soon as its mighty unstable!

Lumen is working on Mac! Not sure about Nanite though because Nanite view mode doesn’t seem work

Is “visualize - lumen global illumination” from UE5 EA gone? Can’t see it in the menu anymore

I am having the same issue but on pc

Keep crashing when change default game mode.
Gpu Lightmass doesn’t work even all raytracing settings is enabled

I’ve noticed that too and also Lumen works in reverse now in terms of the sequencer. If you turn Lumen on and then render something out, GI will be turned off in your render.

If you switch Lumen off then GI will appear when rendering, just not in the editor. It strange because this doesn’t seem to be the case with anything else at runtime. All of this is still in preview so its to be expected.

One thing that threw me off too is that screen percentage is now gone as well, its missing from the post process settings.

Even if you use blueprints to trigger console commands at runtime like: r.screenpercentage 200 it still wont work.

Before UE 5 Preview release no issue from CPU and GPU. Become going fans rpm crazy with full speed and temperature going high.

new issue that i found, make a third person game, add a few lights to the third person example map, build lighting, ERROR swarm agent can’t be found. WHAT? i see the file in the folder and UE5 can’t find it? :confused:

Also the option to import tiled landscapes in 5.0EA worked and allowed you to import tiled landscapes now it only imports the first tile using R16 format tiled landscaped??? :frowning:

I have a Third Person Templete, an can not add a FPS Template…Yesterday was Ok…I Have delete the Project, Create again…nothing FPS.

1 Like

Confirmed! same here bro but i’m sure you can just make a second project and migrate it

Yeah, but thats not normal.

I’m loving the new look It is usable! 5.0EA was ugly TBH , also loving the thirdperson jump/landing. it feels more realistic on how he comes back down, not floating a bit like before… BUT HIS HAND STILL TO This DAY has NOT BEEN FIXED

Now i have exit my Project and Reload it…after Reload this…again.

Blank Template…nothing Changed.

Same again, new Project, exit, reload, Map error.

Error
Now with FPS Tamplate.

Edit: A Blank Project works. No Error after Reload.

Add Third Person Template and Change Gamemode, works now, but i cant Add FPS Tamplate.

1 Like

Which branch on Github is for 5.0 preview 1 ?

1 Like

I am getting this too, a map that works on the PC and did work on the Mac now gives this same error and will not open on the Mac. Even when I use the original one in source control.

1 Like

Got the same. Uninstalled the EA version, made a copy of the project and the error was gone. No idea why.

Same !! did you find a solution ? look at my pictures, the darker ones are with UE5 early acess and the lighter cheaper one s are with Preview. do you know what causes this lighting problem ?

The landscape is now lumen enabled.
So it might be that the ground foliage is receiving bounced light from the GI?

thanks for the quick reply, i ticked actor hidden in game on the landscape and the problem still occurs. I really really need to render the final result for school (months of work) and this small detail is in the way !! I played with every setting from the Directional light, and on the flowers and grass’s static meshes, nothing seems to bring it back to the darker version. and I know its not the camera settings because it still appears out of camera view. Please help me aha