Unreal Engine 5.0 Preview

Nanite will never “work” with RT in the way implied, unless you somehow have a GPU with 100+ gigs of RAM. The auto generated proxy stuff works well enough though, and even hybrid RT shadows are a possibility for the future.

2 Likes

I use GTX 1060. I can use UE5 early access but I cannot use UE5 preview! When I open the project, crashed!

I created a couple of basic tutorials for this here:-
IK Retargeting

Mixamo IK Retargeting

5 Likes

Big party at Tim Sweeney’s house tonight, you’re all invited.

1 Like

Can I just ask, what is your use case for having UE5 on an M1 mac? Is it C++ only?

That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for thanks a lot good sir!

Yeah my project could also be converted to 5.0.
This is really great. Now I can do several things I was waiting for. :slight_smile:
Love it!
Thx Epic.

1 Like

Well, transparent materials still don’t work in Nanite :frowning:

2 Likes

So I have found out the source of the resolution issues for non TSR AA modes:

It appears that under Project Settings>Editor>Performance the dynamic screen percentages are broken if set to “Based on display resolution”, which is the default value. They do work if set to “Based on operating system’s DPI scale”. Which is all the more confusing, since my DPI scale is 100% :expressionless:

For my birthday? Awww. You shouldn’t have! <3

3 Likes

Congratulations Team Epic! This is fantastic news. You guys have been giving such a wonderful treasure for developers. I hope native M1 support is not too far into the future. Thanks for your innovative software! :pray:t4::pray:t4:

Really nice, especially I like how well nanite performs on a large amount of small geometry(grass)! I love unreal!

Something that is a bit confusing to me though is how should the workflow look when I want to use both rasterized rendering(nanite+lumen) for interactive functions etc… and then switch to pathtracer for some stills that require better looking glass for example.

Right now if I’d like to switch to pathtracer I can only render default geometry or disable nanite on everything that’s rendered. Is there a way to somehow automate the process or work around the issue? Also pls. decals for PT

I’m curious about that too.
It would be cool to have some update on Verse scripting…

1 Like

So I got the ue5 preview and migrated early access 2 project over and getting this error: [Compiler] Binding: Property ’ /Script/UMG.ProgressBar:PercentDelegate ’ on Widget ’ HealthBar ': Member:HealthBar_Percentage Unable to bind DoubleProperty, unsupported type. Anyone know what this means?

Control Rig mapping stopped working when I switched from UE5 EA to UE 5.0 Preview.
I’m using the Add Mapped Skeletal Mesh function to map a Control Rig with a skeletal mesh in my blueprint. Now it doesn’t update the skeleton, but it was working properly on UE5 EA.
It showed a warning that it’s not safe to map it on Construction Script, so I moved it to Begin Play, but without any effect. Any clues?

1 Like

Opening a 4.27.2 project:

Fatal error: [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\ShaderParameterStruct.cpp] [Line: 454] FTSRResolveHistoryCS’s required shader parameter FParameters::History::Translucency was not set.

Project is using Forward Shading originally. Not sure where to start to fix this.

Blueprints do not have doubles or floats anymore, it’s all Real. Could it be something to do with that?

3 Likes

Anybody else experienced crash if you try save animation retargeted via IK Retargeter? We try it on two computers and on both, when we try save animation UE crashes.

Hey I just tried a copy of my project from 5.0.0 Early Access 2 and at first everything looked good.

The first strange thing is that my Directional Light which had a value of 8 had to be changed to 80lux to emit the same amount of light as before. Is there a change I didn’t realise?

But much more worrying: after packaging/building the game I closed Unreal Engine and started the game, which went well as expected, I opened UE5 again and was greeted with the message that my Main Level could not be found. Also missing was my main menu widget.

So caution everyone. Was maybe anything deleted that was opened last time I closed the Engine.

Strange, but i guess I will stay with the Early Access version for now.

Not 100% if this is the default color, since I had different UE 5EA versions and tweaked different colors in the past, but if this is the default color when you search in a dropdown, needs a tweak, because is really difficult to read.

13 Likes