Unreal Engine 5.0 Preview

I cannot see the Pathtracer tool, also when using the MRQ in pathtracing mode, it renders to Unlint. I assume it is because I am using 1080tis but Pathtracing on 10-series GPUs works in 4.27 so I am not sure why it does not work here.

1 Like

I’m sure this won’t make 5.0, but with respect to future 5.x is there any intention of making World Partition aware of the Z axis? This would be useful in flight sims, oceanographic science, or space games.

3 Likes

Haven’t had a chance to see what config.ini this is written to, but a workaround for now is once you are in a project, select File > Open Project, and you’ll be able to set “Always load project on startup” in the lower left to false.

Capture d’écran 2022-02-17 230053

Help please :frowning:

This has been my experience so far as well. Very much looking forward to playing with Nanite VR when it is ready. Anyone know if its on the Roadmap at all?

3 Likes

I can’t migrate for now (using physx, with serious problems migrating to chaos), will Unreal 4 still receive updates after the final release of UE5? I need things like the new oculus openXR features (appsw). Also possible updates for Vulkan (mobile), new solutions like Nvidia DLSS and AMD FidelityFX FSR, etc.

1 Like

It seems shadows for Point Lights do not work, but instead I get this text.

Any idea why this occurs?

2 Likes

I’m just reading everything UE5 has installed and it’s beastly. I can’t wait to put this into production. , JK.
I am going to work on my game in this, and wait until UE5 is released.
Thanks, EPIC. You are doing great things.

I should add, that no raytracing is working for me, I am in a Raytracing Enabled project.

2 Likes

If I try to browse a folder inside the UnrealFrontend, the tool freezes and I have to close it.

The PrototypeGrid material produces a lot of visual artifacts like disappearing lines and shimmering, especially in motion (I’m using TSR).

2 Likes

Big thumbs down on stability. If you were running a project in EA1, good luck. I spent hours porting plugins and getting everything squared away only to be greeted with a crash any time I open a blueprint. Sadly every source build leading it up to it seemed to have issues. Seems like it got rushed out anyway.

1 Like

What a surprise!
Thank you, Dears!

Getting really jagged shadows and self-shadows from point lights. Increasing the source radius helps, but not for the latter:

1 Like

Please do not deprecate/remove this command from UE5:

r.D3D12.DXR.AllowEmulatedRayTracing <— This was the only way for Nvidia GTX users to have hardware raytracing working.

It was working perfectly in UE5 EA2, now It is reverting to software raytracing and clearly seen in reflections and such

9 Likes

Dose this build support Nanaite and Lumin for VR?

1 Like

Any tutorial about new pose - distance matching on the near future?

Please Epic, listen to this guy ! :pleading_face:

Any docs fof neural network inference (NNI) and OpenCV plugins?

2 Likes

Seems like UE Verse isn’t landing in 5.0 then? Assuming it’s a general-purpose scripting language, capable of replacing BP in most contexts.