Unreal Engine 4.26 released!

What Linux do you use? What hardware / drivers for GPU?

1 Like

There is no point for tessellation with Nanite.

2 Likes

The “Unknown structure” error still persists in 4.26. I wonder how many versions it will take before Epic fixes it.

New bug, “get class defaults” node always shows all pins and the hide button is broken.

1 Like

Is there an ETA for a UE4.26 ‘Content Examples’ update showing working demos of all the new features (e.g Water, Fur, Realtime Sky/Volumetric Clouds, etc)
or at least tutorial videos showing how to achieve the effects in the show reel?

1 Like

Can’t wait for nvidia DLSS and RTXGI plugin.

1 Like

Can I use chaos in launcher version?

1 Like

Hi!
I already used take recorder blueprint functions in 4.25 for my virtual production plugin in player controller blueprint and other blueprints. And now I should create node in Editor utility blueprint and copy/past it to player controller? :eek:

1 Like

Movable Spot/Point lights are broken on Android.

1 Like

I checked it. It’s in Edit -> Plugins section:
Chaos Editor
Chaos Solver
Chaos Niagara
Chaos Cloth
Chaos Vehicles Plugin
e.t.c

1 Like

Yes lets get rid of Tessellation and start importing 10’ of GBs of poly data in the 10’s of millions so our final game download will be 500 GB in file size. :slight_smile:

Nanite is not the answer to everything, we have yet to see how it works and what are its pros and cons.

2 Likes

After testing 4.26, I can confirm Tessellation is no longer working. The functions are there but they do nothing.

I am assuming Epic has an alternative in mind? Why remove it, there are many of us who don’t even use Tessellation on landscapes (if they were that bad) we use it on custom geometry and it was working fine.

2 Likes

for me maybe it is reason that crack free tesselation wont function?

1 Like

Tessellation and displacement is generally working. The crack free part is indeed broken though:

1 Like

Apologies that the release notes weren’t too clear on this matter. We’ve since checked with the dev team, and tessellation still works for the time being. However, it will be deprecated and replaced with Nanite in UE5.

2 Likes

I have to assume you can use as much or as little geometry as you want. It generally doesn’t take much extra geometry to get a better result than tessellation as it is an extremely brute force approach to adding detail.

Certainly a fair point

1 Like

Where do we find this BP_PaintClouds? BP_PlanetTest sounds like something I would be totally interested in as well…

1 Like

Volumetrics plugin in the tools folder

2 Likes

I hope Nanite will have a similar feature then.
It would be no problem to import high poly planes if World Position Offset or something similar generates the same vertex offset with my height maps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would you be able to report this as a bug if possible? Einen Fehler melden - Unreal Engine

1 Like

This is unrelated to 4.26 but since the 4.26 release many pages of documentation are now incorrectly formatted, have missing content, or have incorrect links. This is very annoying and should be fixed ASAP. I didn’t know where else to report this. I suspect that this happened when the docs were updated with new 4.26 content. Really kills productivity because I reference the docs all the time.

Some examples of now broken pages:

Broken links: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/…nts/index.html
Missing Content: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/…ent/index.html
Missing Content: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/…nes/index.html

2 Likes