Unknown Cook Error when packaging game for Windows 64-bit

Hello Everyone,

I am running into trouble trying to package my game for windows 64-bit. When I cook the game everything is fine, and I don’t have any errors, but as soon as I try to package the game it stops and throws and error that says:

LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
LogWindows:Error: Fatal error: [File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.15+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp] [Line: 91]

LogWindows:Error: SECURE CRT: Invalid parameter detected.

LogWindows:Error: Expression: Unknown Function: Unknown. File: Unknown Line: 0

This has been a very frustrating error because of the lack of detail. A lot of people online that have a similar error message said to disable the plugins, but this did not help. I think that I have tracked the issue down to one line in my C++ code. I have a static custom class variable as a member of another class. The line that cause the error is when I declare the static variable in the .cpp. I am not sure why this would be a problem though, everything compiles fine.

the Log is attached.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

link text

Hello Wojton,

This seems related to the Warnings that you’re having, as the error is related to there being an invalid parameter and the warning referring to things being undefined. I know you’ve been suggested to disable plugins already but I would suggest right-clicking your .uproject file, opening it in a text editor and ensuring that there are no mentions of any plugins being enabled in there.

As the macros that are not defined are part of the Windows 8.1 SDK, I would also suggest trying to uninstall that SDK, restart your computer and then reinstall the Windows 8.1 SDK.