Universal Character Customization System

Glad to hear that!

Please do make sure to update to the latest version when available, as it has some minor improvements on the deformations. Thank you for supporting the project right from the start :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, I just uploaded a quick tutorial detailing how to integrate UCS with other character-based projects.

Please let me know if you have any questions on any UCS functionality.

Hi everyone,

The upcoming update will include a completely new Mohawk Hairstyle, additional customization options for the eyes width & position, jaw morphs and new triball warpaint decals.

This is a screenshot of the new hairstyle:

Update 0.2 submitted! Changes:

• Optimization improvements

• Now all nodes in the UCS Post Process Animation Blueprint use the fast-path. This should net significant performance improvements.

• Cleaner code

• Features

• New “Mohawk” **Hairstyle **included. The new “Viking” preset uses it as an example.

• New Morph Targets:

• Eyes Width

• Eyes Height

• Jaw Width

• Added 2 additional clothing slots that you can use if the ones included by default are not enough. There are now 7 clothing slots + hair + beard (Please note that you can add any number of clothing slots by yourself, although it does take some time)

Nice update! :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Finally the above update is live! For the next update I’m planning to add some additional features such as missing limbs, headless creatures, wraith-like monsters, etc. I think it could be done without changing too much the functionality.

Best regards

It’s good. Very good. I’ve been digging into the functionality of it to make it work for multiplayer. I have something similar already working on another type of pawn so I should be able to manage it. I’ll let you know.

I recently purchased UCS.

Sometimes when I’m adding/adjusting clothes in Blender, I want an A-Pose for SK_Male(Female)_Final.

Do you have any plans for such an update?

When will we be able to plug this into our game’s so our players can use it. i saw it mentioned but no timeline any updates for that coming?

1 Like

Hi! Sorry for the delay, I didn’t notice these posts. I could try to add an A-Pose character on future updates, sure!

Hi Wyrm! I replied on the product questions section, but just to be clear this has already been developed and will appear on the next update (which I’ll submit tomorrow :))

The next update includes

• New features

• Character Creation for players (i.e. 100% runtime, using SaveGames instead of DataTables)

• The ability to change presets at runtime

• New customizable hair opacity masks to adapt any hairstyles to headgear that should occlude hair

• New clothing:

• Construction worker helmet

• Construction worker vest

• Construction worker t-shirt

• New maps

• Player Design Map

• Improved showcase map with many runtime examples such as changing presets, clothing and skin parameters (i.e. making characters age)

I am using CC3. It sucks. When ever I build a character from a basic model and put clothes on it the model have holes. Is the test period? cc3Error.PNG.jpg Here is an example of the holes in a CC3 character.

Hi Professor! Please note that this is the support thread for UCS. For CC3 support you might want to contact them at their forums.

As a side note, it does seem that the clothes are clipping through the skin – probably related to less than perfect skinning. You might have to re skin those clothes or hide parts of the base character. Another technique that you might use for this, that UCS uses, is to inflate the cloth along the normals. It might help with some clothing. You can “inflate” cloth in the material graph with these nodes:

Kind regards

I was just using CC3 as an example. I have paid reallusion $143. And an not very happy.

There are many ways to get rid of or hide imperfections. Many tutorials out there for CC3

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.
I don’t speak English, so I’m writing on a translator.

I have models that I sell on UE’s MarketPlace that I wear on my UCS characters, and the models I sell are often A-POSE.

When adjusting the mesh in the blender, it makes the job a little easier if UCS also has A-POSE! . (No need to change the pose in the blender…)

If you can consider it in future updates, I’d be happy.
(If you’re busy and it seems difficult, you can ignore my request.)

Sorry for writing in quick succession.
I’ll add to this because it may be an odd translation.

I use a blender to adjust the shape and position of the mesh to make different models of garments wear the UCS characters.

Hi Nabeshin,

This is probably a translation issue, but in any case please note that you cannot **sell **your own packages using meshes from UCS – this is known as redistributing and is not permitted.

You can, of course, adapt any of your clothes to UCS characters and use them in your own projects. I’ll try to make A-Pose fbx versions soon for these characters if it helps you out.

Kind regards!

This looks great, would like to see some tutorials on how to integrate with some larger templates

Thank you! Do you have any specific templates in mind? there are tutorials for epic’s action RPG template and for the Advanced Locomotion System so far.

Kind regards

Hello, I’m thinking of purchasing the product and had a few questions.
First, how restricted is the system right out the box in regards to using any Mesh purchased from say the Unreal marketplace? I saw in the tutorial you migrated the system, but when you made a char it used one of your characters instead of the one that came with the RPGdemo. Can the system be made to use the asset from the Demo with the morphs working?

If not, how difficult, or time consuming would it be to change morph points to work with custom meshes I purchase off the marketplace that can be rigged to the standard UE Skeleton. And is it possible to add my own body model tabs for say A Giant/Ogre race, for totally different clothing sets i create my self? Like If i wanted Tabs for more then just male and female, but whole other Fantasy race body types?

Or should I pick up that older $250 Character editor for things like that, starting from scratch? As seen here. Character Editor in Characters - UE Marketplace

Thank you for your time, the project looks amazing and I hope I can use it in mine.

Update: Shopping around some more, I found this Tool, Custom Character Creator in Blueprints - UE Marketplace It has the Morph tool as well, claims it can be used during run time, is replicated and seems like its meant to be used with any custom mesh as long as you bind the morph points…
So now, im stuck LOL If your tool can do everything that one does but quicker its sort of a no brainer, I guess the $250 tool is out of the equation though…those assets looked pretty grizzly anyway.

Anyway, just chillen waiting for your answer. If anyone else has knowledge with any of the other tools, perhaps they can share their experience with migration into their projects, and any limitations?