Hi guys! It’s finally been released. As a bonus for all the delays, you’ll also get a simple IK feet-placement system as well
Get it at the marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…fea963d50e91b7
Main features overview:
How to add your own clothing:
How to integrate UCS in other character-based projects:
- v0.1: Better deformations + support for 4.25
- v0.2: 3 new morph targets + mohawk hairstyle + Anim Blueprint optimizations + 2 extra clothing slots + new decals
- v0.3: Player character creation (runtime) + in-game presets changing + hair clipping masks + headgear + new clothing + tutorial map
- v0.4: Code cleanup & player character creation improvements
- v0.5: Fixed issue related to the BP_LightStage object that prevented packaging
- v0.6: Added hair animation with character velocity. It’s a cool effect at virtually no extra rendering cost.
Medieval Update (coming soon!) with several armor sets.
(Still working on the texturing & rigging)
Update 0.2 details (New Hairstyles, Morph Targets & Code Improvements)
Update 0.2 submitted! Changes:
Now all nodes in the UCS Post Process Animation Blueprint use the fast-path. This should net significant performance improvements.
New “Mohawk” **Hairstyle **included. The new “Viking” preset uses it as an example.
New Morph Targets:
Added 2 additional clothing slots that you can use if the ones included by default are not enough. There are now 7 clothing slots + hair + beard (Please note that you can add any number of clothing slots by yourself, although it does take some time)
The Universal Character Customization System empowers developers by allowing them to design high quality humanoid characters (males, females or monsters) within the engine.
- Over 48 morph targets to define the shape of the face, eyes, nose, mouth, etc.
- **15 Bone modifiers **to determine the character overall shape (e.g. arms size, body fat, etc.)
- Over 65 shader parameters for the skin (age, muscularity, tint, etc.), eyes, hair, etc.
- 11 stunning hairstyles (extremely customizable using morphs & shader parameters) + 7 beard styles
- Highly efficient wind vertex animation for the hair. Globally control the wind direction and speed using a simple material parameter collection. Simulate movement for hundreds of hairstyles at virtually no extra shader cost.
- 40 free cloth meshes: T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Jackets, Pants, Glasses, Hats, etc.
- Highly customizable cloth shader with up to 4 material layers, cloth fuzz and dirt effects.
- Amazing eye shader with configurable colors, veins intensity, scale, animated glow, etc.
- Beautiful cosmetic effects such as blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow and lipstick.
- Decals such as freckles, scars, warpaint, etc.
- Configurable teeth: control the teeth, gums, tongue colors, dirt, shape, orientation, etc.
- Powerful randomizer tool to effortlessly generate new characters or create small variations to existing ones.
- Free simple feet-placement IK system
- Very easy to adapt to any project
Cloth, hairstyles, beardstyles and accessories will be added for free in future updates.
Some new screenshots:
---- Old post content —
I’ve been working on a complete character system for humanoid characters. These humanoids would be rigged to the UE4 mannequin and would have roughly 40 morphs + bone transforms and a lot of material-based customizations. I’ve seen some character customization systems on the marketplace, but they are mostly female-only or male-only, and my system would not only include both but also the ability to design monsters.
Let me show you a few screenshots of my current progress:
So far, I have designed:
- 27 Facial morphs (Related to nose, jaw, mouth, eyebrows, eyes, ears, cheeks, etc)
- 6 bone morphs (Eye shape, upper body size, arm length, etc). The reason these are made with bones is that it will adapt to any clothing very easily… which does not happen with blendshapes)
- A very powerful yet efficient skin material with options for age, cosmetics, muscle tone, decals such as scars, and most of what you see in the screenshots (its the same material for all of them. Textures are just 2k, and the material is at 220 instructions so far)
- A powerful eye material based on Epic’s eye shader with some customization (such as the emissive power you see on the monsters)
- Materials for eyebrows, eyelashes (which have morphs as well related to size and other things)
Please let me know your thoughts on the above. Would you buy this? If so, what would you like me to add? If you have any morphing ideas please share them here and I’ll do my best to include them.
I hope you like it. If there is some interests I’ll probably release this in a few weeks (as most of the heavy lifting is already done)