Unable to compile shaders with Incredibuild disabled

Hello!
I recently moved to Unreal Engine 4.26, and I was getting issues with compiling through incredibuild (first it was taking almost a minute to build a single class, then about 5 seconds each time to compile the preview for shader that had a single node).
I disabled Incredibuild in the settings:
-BuildConfiguration.xml, with false, in the AppData/Roaming/UnrealEngine/etc
-ConsoleVariables.ini, with r.XGEShaderCompile = 0 in UE_4.16/Engine/Config/ConsoleVariables.ini

It worked for code compilation (it went down to less than one second per rebuild), and didn’t have an effect on shader compilation (still taking 10 seconds for the one node shader, and was still ringing the windows alert noise when it finished compilation from incredibuild).

So I stopped the incredibuild service and now the shaders won’t compile at all.

I was using 4.22 before this and it never tried to use incredibuild and shader compilation was almost instantaneous.

Is there a fix for shaders building without running incredibuild?
I see in the code that apparently Incredibuild will try to build the shaders even if I do disable it, so there must be some hidden command that disables it completely and makes it work like older versions?

Thank you for any help.

EDIT: I managed to get this working by completely uninstalling Incredibuild, so it seems that even disabled UE 4.26 is still trying to use it. The shader compilation time also dropped from 5 seconds to less than 1 second after I uninstalled Incredibuild. Unfortunately this is not a good long-term solution since I need Incredibuild for work, so any alternatives are appreciated.

Hi @Spliter88,

This issue should come from 4.26, as in 4.25 it seems to work fine.

Trying to disable XGE in the command argument or in the code doesn’t work for me either.

If you have a feedback from Unreal support team, don’t hesitate to update this thread.