UEFN Live Sessions Don't Launch Onto Xbox One

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Live Edit

Summary

I launch a session to an xbox one, then it starts to load but then it just stops, it doesn’t crash or anything it just sends the player back to lobby and in the editor it just regives me the option to launch a session

Steps to Reproduce

open fortnite on an xbox one, lanch session to it

Expected Result

it successfully launches to the xbox one

Observed Result

it sends me back to lobby

Platform(s)

Xbox one

Additional Notes

ive also tested this on xbox series x/s and xbox cloud gaming and they both work

The status of FORT-780235 incident has been moved from ‘Needs More Info’ to ‘Closed’. Resolution Reason: ‘Cannot Reproduce’

1 Like

I have the same issue on PC

LogValkyrieSummary: No active session for current user. Creating new session.
LogValkyrie: Play succeeded.
LogSlate: Warning: Slate: Had to block on waiting for a draw buffer
LogValkyrie: ProjectSizeRequest for ef802c66-44d1-7c14-50ca-118ea16ca38d: GetProjectContentPackage
LogValkyrie: ProjectSizeRequest::GetProjectUploadSize for ef802c66-44d1-7c14-50ca-118ea16ca38d
LogValkyrie: ProjectSizeRequest::GetProjectDownloadSize for ef802c66-44d1-7c14-50ca-118ea16ca38d
LogGameFeatures: Error: Dependency file:../../../FortniteGame/Plugins/GameFeatures/SaveTheWorld/SaveTheWorld.uplugin failed to transition with error GameFeaturePlugin.StateMachine.Registering.Plugin_Missing_GameFeatureData
LogGameFeatures: Error: Dependency file:../../../FortniteGame/Plugins/GameFeatures/SaveTheWorld/SaveTheWorld.uplugin failed to transition with error GameFeaturePlugin.StateMachine.Registering.Plugin_Missing_GameFeatureData
LogGameFeatures: Error: Dependency file:../../../FortniteGame/Plugins/GameFeatures/STW/STW_Irwin/STW_Irwin.uplugin failed to transition with error GameFeaturePlugin.StateMachine.Registering.Plugin_Missing_GameFeatureData
LogValkyrieAccount: [UValkyrieOnlineInstance::ApplyUserPreferredQoSRegion] Region Auto: NAE
LogValkyrie: ProjectSizeRequest::Cancel for ef802c66-44d1-7c14-50ca-118ea16ca38d - Content (re)cook error errors.com.epicgames.pre-processing.failed.
JOB_ID=850156e6-6a80-453a-9c27-5a7ca8c6174f
LogOnlineSession: Warning: MCP: FindSingleSession request failed. Invalid response. code=404 error={
  "errorCode" : "errors.com.epicgames.modules.matchmaking.unknown_session",
  "errorMessage" : "unknown session id 2b62af305600482f8d98a3f4661ae316",
  "messageVars" : [ "2b62af305600482f8d98a3f4661ae316" ],
  "numericErrorCode" : 12101,
  "originatingService" : "fortnite",
  "intent" : "prod-live"
}
LogOnline: Warning: OSS: Async task 'FOnlineAsyncTaskMcpFindSingleSession bWasSuccessful: 0' failed in 0.065969 seconds
LogGameFeatures: Error: Dependency file:../../../FortniteGame/Plugins/GameFeatures/STW/STW_Irwin/STW_Irwin.uplugin failed to transition with error GameFeaturePlugin.StateMachine.Registering.Plugin_Missing_GameFeatureData
LogValkyrieAccount: [UValkyrieOnlineInstance::ApplyUserPreferredQoSRegion] Region Auto: NAE
LogNet: Warning: Channel name will be serialized as a string: ValkyrieBeacon
LogValkyrieSummary: Valkyrie Beacon Connected!
LogValkyrieSummary: Connected to Session: 390ce02acdf24e36925665670f07c1b6
LogValkyrieSummary: Session Setup Complete. About to Send Content!
LogValkyrieSummary: Checking for if the project can be uploaded
LogValkyrieSummary: Starting Project Upload - https://content-service.bfda.live.use1a.on.epicgames.com/project/#/4639a73b-41e1-bfc0-cb3d-a5abcc162768
LogValkyrieSummary: Syncing project MyFirstProject
LogSlate: Warning: Slate: Had to block on waiting for a draw buffer
LogValkyrie: Saving project source control settings to disk took 0.00 sec
LogValkyrie: Syncing project MyFirstProject with content service took  0.49 sec
VerseBuild: Warning: C:/Users/18182/Documents/Fortnite Projects/MyFirstProject/Plugins/MyFirstProject/Content/Code/zone_manager_device.verse(238,9, 249,1): Script warning 2000: Unreachable code - previous expression is guaranteed to exit early.
VerseBuild: Warning: C:/Users/18182/Documents/Fortnite Projects/MyFirstProject/Plugins/MyFirstProject/Content/Code/zone_manager_device.verse(238,9, 249,1) : Script warning 2000: Unreachable code - previous expression is guaranteed to exit early.
LogValkyrieSummary: Starting to upload file for module creation
LogValkyrieSummary: Successfully created module
LogValkyrieSummary: Creating Module Version
LogValkyrieSummary: Sending Content Update
LogValkyrieSummary: Calling UpdateContent on Valkyrie beacon with: ProjectId(4639a73b-41e1-bfc0-cb3d-a5abcc162768) SnapshotId(9a94edca-2f92-4257-b7c9-59992c960947) ModuleId(ef802c66-44d1-7c14-50ca-118ea16ca38d) ModuleVersion(955)
LogValkyrieSummary: RPCing content cook request to server: ProjectId(4639a73b-41e1-bfc0-cb3d-a5abcc162768) SnapshotId(9a94edca-2f92-4257-b7c9-59992c960947)
LogValkyrieSummary: Project MyFirstProject up to date
LogValkyrie: ProjectSizeRequest::Prepare for ef802c66-44d1-7c14-50ca-118ea16ca38d
LogValkyrie: ProjectSizeRequest for ef802c66-44d1-7c14-50ca-118ea16ca38d: GetRootModuleInfo
LogValkyrie: ProjectSizeRequest for ef802c66-44d1-7c14-50ca-118ea16ca38d: GetProjectContentPackage
LogValkyrie: ProjectSizeRequest::GetProjectUploadSize for ef802c66-44d1-7c14-50ca-118ea16ca38d
LogValkyrie: ProjectSizeRequest::GetProjectDownloadSize for ef802c66-44d1-7c14-50ca-118ea16ca38d
LogValkyrie: ProjectSizeRequest::Cancel for ef802c66-44d1-7c14-50ca-118ea16ca38d - Content (re)cook error errors.com.epicgames.pre-processing.failed.
JOB_ID=850156e6-6a80-453a-9c27-5a7ca8c6174f
LogValkyrieSummary: Server Summary - Successfully activated content on all platforms

I still have this issue.

hi @VortexCAKO ,

There are similar problems referenced in
[LAUNCHING SESSION] - MAJOR Issue - General / Issues and Bug Reporting - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

hi @SINPORTdev ,
Just tested 13:00 GMT 05:00 PT.
This now works on Xbox One

31.00 Playing Absolute Doom video 4k stream on Xbox One, Android, Nintendo Switch causes return to lobby

Summary
Playing Absolute Doom video 4k stream on mobile causes return to lobby.
Should be a 0.2k stream on mobile (Android, Switch, Xbox One)

steps

1. Open Fortnite on Mobile
  2. select Creative Island
  3. Click Play
  4. Absolute Doom video 4k stream starts
    5 Fortnite freezes video and audio stalls, jumps picture breaks up
  5. after 19 seconds the skip button appears
    7.press skip and falls back to lobby
  6. fails because ping timeout >500ms
  7. go back step 2 try again twice
  8. video does not start and Creative Island opens

This is fixed on my Xbox One X,
Basically had to wait until seen Absolute Doom video 4k stream starts TWICE.
Pressing Skip sends you back to the lobby!!!

@SINPORTdev Could we have the island code where your players are seeing this?

Thank you!

@Flak its not an island i just cant launch a uefn session to xbox one, i can on xbox cloud gaming or xbox series x though

??? I wasn’t talking about that, I was talking about launching uefn edit sessions?

Got it, thank you!

Yes, it looks the same as the thread @Jimbohalo10 earlier. We’re checking into it.

hi @SINPORTdev
1 .open UEFN
2. Select the project imported from in Fortnite Creative using Creative 2.0 template
3. Go to Xbox One start Fortnight . Now in lobby
When UFEN connects from PC On the Xbox One there will be a message in the top left

1. On Launcher select “automatic start-up” and connect to device
  2. Click Launch
  3. In log file check for
LogValkyrieActivityTracker: Session -> Complete Activity: LoadingNewContent
LogValkyrieActivityTracker: Session -> Channel State: Completed Successfully
LogValkyrieSummary: Server Summary - Successfully activated content on all platforms

Now upload starts

LogValkyrieSummary: Starting Project Upload - https://content-service.bfda.live.use1a.on.epicgames.com/project/#/6d08b1ce-fa0d-4ce1-bc70-b5635c58605c
LogValkyrieSummary: Syncing project CreativeWert

LogValkyrieSummary: Project CreativeWert up to date
LogValkyrieSummary: No active session for current user. Creating new session.
LogValkyrie: Play succeeded.

Look at Xbox One and the Project is Running
Play the project

The only difference between Xbox One and series x is the graphics driver.

You can also try verifying files in the launcher after starting with Admin privileges.

@Flak I don’t think its the same though because I’ve had this problem since chapter 5 season 2, before that its worked since uefn originally came out. it starts to launch to the Xbox one then after a minute it just stops and sends it back to the lobby. it also doesn’t matter if it’s a converted map or not. And the output log shows that everything should work perfectly, but after a while, it just says destroying valkyrie beacon. It also happens with any project, not just old ones but even if I create a new project and launch it straight away. I’ve just recorded this: Clip by SinportDev, playing Fortnite | Xbox Clips & Screenshots

Hi @SINPORTdev ,
The video shows by looking at the lobby you are still running Fortnite Star Wars version Chapter 5 Season 2.

Made lots of Screen video using Mobile phone it was the Star Wars Era

To update to 30.00 on XBL XB One had to uninstall Fortnite the reinstall new Version.

You must uninstall Fortnite on Xbox as described in Youtube video
How to Delete & uninstall Games on Xbox One (Easy Tutorial) (youtube.com)

Now install a new copy of Fortnite from Microsoft Store.
you are still running 29.20 with no possibility of updates. Xbox Store does NOT support a VERIFY option. Just uninstall and Install again.

Uninstall Fortnite reinstall (yes we did it on a second hand Xbox One and it take hours) but the end game is it works.

In the bottom left you will see 31.00 [35447195] Every time the game goes to lobby.
In 31.00 when UEFN connect you get message in the top left saying “UEFN is joining your game”

If you are in game A large blue boxes ask if you want to continue the game and cancel UEFN.
If you agree Fortnite returns you to the lobby and UEFN connects.

no this is definitely this season? chapter 5 season 4. Is this a bot? Look launching to xbox one definitely doesn’t work i don’t understand all these different ways to fix things that haven’t got anything to do with that.

As @Jimbohalo10 mentioned - uninstalling, restarting your Xbox and reinstalling may solve your issue. Other than that, this is likely an account issue. If reinstalling doesn’t install it, please contact Player Support for assistance. http://epicgames.com/help.

ok ill try both, but i also don’t think its an account issue since i also tried it on 2 accounts…

@Jimbohalo10 and @Flak thank you both so much, i did just need to reinstall it. Sorry for the waste of your time. :grinning:

hi @SINPORTdev ,
Thanks for replying. Glad it is working and this will help others in future

For anyone else with Xbox problems
Remember that the Xbox only started updating at Fortnite 30.00

If you have an Xbox that’s NOT USED for a few months then you have to reload Fortnite again from the Microsoft Store manually as described above