UEFN Keeps Crashing [Blocker]

Hello! I have loaded up the Unreal Editor and it was going smooth, But once I enabled “Performance Mode”. It keeps crashing when I try to load up any projects.

I have tried Uninstalling then reinstalling Fortnite and that has not fixed the issue.

Hello! I’m not able to repro your crash via setting preview to performance mode. But if you want to un-set this as it’s causing crashes (and you can’t access this from the editor due to crashing) you can do so by going to this file:

AppData\Local\UnrealEditorFortnite\Saved\Config\WindowsEditor\EditorPerProjectUserSettings.ini

And deleting the added preview settings… ie these:

This should remove the setting and UEFN will go back to whatever your devices default previewing was. Feel free to post your device’s specs as that may help us reproduce this error and look into an actual fix in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I have just done the steps above to disable Performance mode, However I am now getting an error when loading up UEFN.

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000008

UnrealEditorFortnite_Win64_Shipping
kernel32
ntdll

Device Specifications

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10GHz 4.10 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Graphic Card: Radeon RX 590 Series
Storage: 16GB

I GET THE SAME MESSAGE TOO. On startup, it says that entire dialog, and it doesn’t even show any apps being opened besides the crash reporter.

still block ?

Yeh

Hello!, I am still unable to load into UEFN since the latest update. I am also getting the same error as before. I have also sent you a message with my logs.

Hi! I’m still experiencing this issue after the latest update.

Did anyone find a fix for this yet? I recently got locked out of my project because of this error and due to having it set to ‘open last project on startup’ I can’t access any other projects either.

i have this same issue too any fix yet??

@XxKJ3xX Thank you for your report! Can you please re-post using the “New Issue” option on the Issues and Bug Reporting forums ? Posts with this feature are connected directly into our development team so we can quickly get to them!

For more information, such as how to get the reference ID, please check out the article here: Using the Creative and UEFN Bug Reporting Form

The status of UCB-1133 incident has been moved from ‘Awaiting Validation’ to ‘Closed’. Resolution Reason: ‘Cannot Reproduce’

i keep getting same issue till now but if i click something UEFN just automatically just crashes and closes and takes me back to the epicgames launcher