[UE5] TACHYON My version of my Favorite Superhero: The Flash

Summary

Had a burst of Inspiration over the weekend after seeing several UE5 Super Hero Tech Demo Videos using the UE5 City Map Demo pop up. The Flash is my favorite Super Hero so I created my version of The Scarlet Speedster for funs.

The Flash is simply over powered, so you don’t make a game, you make a simulator or maybe a OPEN WORLD ENDLESS RUNNER WITH INFINITE SPEED?

UNREAL ENGINE 5
CITY DEMO
V8 SUPERCAM
TRANSFORMORPH

Check out: [UE5] KRYPTON My version of my Favorite Superhero: Superman

7 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

PROBLEM: UE5 DIMMING EMISSIVES IN DAYLIGHT - YouTube

SOLUTION:

RESULT:

2 Likes

Ah, the brilliant @TechLord strikes again.

I don’t know how you managed to get a stable FPS that isn’t a choppy mess but, as always, your work impresses! Whats been the most difficult aspect of this development?

I imagine slowing down and speeding up time is no simple task, even if you have flash-like development skills :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank You @PresumptivePanda. I appreciate the kind words. The Flash Demo actually freezes UE5 in several spots. LOL. Global Time Dilation and Character Speed are adjustable in real-time. The real highlight of the demo besides speed and time manipulation is the hyper cinematic camera work from multiple perspectives with V8 SuperCam. All of this is done in real-time, no altering of the videos. Running around the City Map at super speed, changing angles on demand is really fun.

1 Like

I honestly believed it was video editing, it’s even more impressive to know its real-time! Look forward to seeing more :smiley:

The camera cuts are UE5 freezing. LOL.

:joy:
What cuts, didnt see any :sunglasses:

But what you posted is quite good, it helps me understand a lot more, thank you. In addition, I would also like to introduce to you a WorldBox game that I find the best today is a sandbox world-building simulation game. Create your own world with the power of a god. Do you want to experience this new game?

1 Like

Hi @anonymous_user_0032b5fe. Glad to help. Just ask if you have other questions.

2 Likes

I appreciate the follow and feedback. This is not a game, but a Speedster Simulation experimenting with Character Speed, Time Dilation, and Hyper-Cinematic Camera Perspectives in real-time. The videos only present one aspect, you really have to play it to feel it. I’m considering releasing a demo, but the city map is massive (100G).

I’m also considering implementing game mechanics, but those too would be experimental Racing Mechanics, Destruction, Endless Runner. My On-Demand, Dynamic Multi-perspective ( aka Hyper-Cinematic ) experiments show the potential of Implementing a new form of game mechanics, scoring, damage, and other effects based on camera perspective.

Wow @TechLord I love the way you really captured the feel and action of what it would be like to have super speed. I also really appreciated the sounds of the breaking glass and crashing of the cars. I look forward to more updates on this!

2 Likes

Hi @danspada. Thank You for the kind words. I believe capturing the action is achieved with the V8 SuperCam Hyper-Cinematic Camera SubSystem, which allows the Player to interpolate between multiple-perspectives on-demand. In my opinion, its about time to look beyond 2D paradigms, and the Hyper-Cinematic Camera could be the edge Next Gen Non-VR Games and Streamers will need. Streams can now Cinematically Direct their game play while simultaneously playing.

I’m now implementing my experiments with Character Speed, Time Dilation, Hyper-Cinematics in My version of Superman: KRYPTON.

HI @TechLord it looks really impressive, and this all with realtime movement.
Your version of Flash moves very fast and you catch the feeling of his fast movement ■■■■ good.

1 Like

Thank You @Thorsten09. It’s a Cinematic Rollercoaster! You really have to play it, to feel it. In fact you can experience it with the V8 Supercam Demo. I’m no longer using a single perspective for games. I’m promoting the Multi-perspective Genre from this point forward.

I’ve also created a version of Superman: KRYPTON. Sadly, its not getting much Love :frowning: , but, its a Superman Flight Experience unlike any other out there.

2 Likes
3 Likes