[UE5] TACHYON My version of my Favorite Superhero: The Flash

3 Likes

Looking cool.
Is the stuttering i see in the video about the setting you use, or can the camera just not catch up so fast at the moment? Looks like the free the sample city from UE5.

1 Like

Hey @Thorsten09. Thanks for checking out my vid. Yes, the pauses/stuttering/lag is UE5 catching up. The original title was ā€˜Faster Than UE5ā€™ haha. But its more so my hardware. Yes its the famous City Sample which is awesome.

1 Like

is this available for download? if so where can i download to play? this game is looking crisp and clean

1 Like

Hi there @Reverse_Flash420. I truly appreciate your interest. We have demo in the works.

However, it will not be a game, but more so Super Hero Simulation experimenting with Character Speed, Flight, Time Dilation, and Hyper-Cinematic Camera Perspectives in real-time.

Thus, there will only be a few experimental Game Mechanics and Scoring based on camera orientation and distance in relation to player body orientation. In short, Players will only be able to run/fly around.

Currently, NO Official Time of Completion, but, release it within the next 3 months.

1 Like

This is really fast movement, i love it. Do all the collisions work if you move this fast ? Did you test some of the procedural things now?

Oh and i laught at the start as you hit this lonely tree. Remindet me instantly at a sceen in the movie ā€œThe Gods Must Be Crazyā€ as he runs through the high grass and also hitted the one and only tree in there :rofl:

1 Like

Hi There. Thanks for checking out my vide. When moving at Hyperspeed Collision behavior is unpredictable and dependent on the camera distance. Certain objects donā€™t register. Thatā€™s a good thing, because you would hit objects very often and moving that fast would not be fun.

1 Like

True, could be strange hitting all. You where not really able to move if every second movement would slow down.

On the other hand if you just smash while touching everything this could be also much fun. I guess it depends on what you are aiming for.
A mix of flash and hulk, would love to see this :slight_smile:
Not sure if this even is possible with this speed, i noticed if you use functions for calculations things go sometimes really weird.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I respect your point of view. I hope you also let us know more about similar information here

DEITY SUPERHEROES Demo Game Menu

Test Driving New Runner Animations

1 Like

1 Like

This movement is really fast, is this just for testing or do you have plans to use it in a similar style in a game ?

1 Like

Hi @Thorsten09, I truly appreciate the inquiry. Believe it or not, no one has asked what Iā€™m actually doing in these in videos. But I get it. The public just sees fast glitchy movement, rapid camera switching, clipping lol. But, the cool part is Iā€™m doing this in real-time. There is no video alteration.

There are also No Planned Shots. I switch perspectives on-demand. True Visual freedom, Iā€™ve never experienced in a video game. The videos only present one aspect, you really have to play it to feel it. Compare this to someone playing VR with HMD, but streaming the video to monitor. Those watching the monitor donā€™t ā€˜feelā€™ the sensations one does in the HMD.

I want the world to feel it. So Iā€™m developing a demo. Its too fast for my workstation, its too fast for a ā€˜gameā€™ in the traditional sense, thus, Iā€™m developing a Superhero Simulation highlighting Hyper Speed / Flight, Time Dilation, and Hyper-Cinematic Camera Perspectives in real-time with No Limitations.

There are multiple camera perspectives in First Person, Third Person, and even Second Person! The Player would not only control an Avatar but simultaneously direct the camera shots. A Player/Director a hybrid Ideal for Streaming in a way not done before. I think iā€™m on to new Genre here.

My On-Demand, Dynamic Multi-perspective ( aka Hyper-Cinematic ) experiments show the potential of Implementing new forms of game mechanics, scoring, damage, and other effects based on camera angle and distance.

Iā€™m considering implementing some traditional game mechanics: Racing Mechanics, Endless Runner, Find objects randomly placed in the world, Projectile-based Combat, but these would be experimental. I donā€™t think it needs game mechanics to be Fun. Just Traveling at Hyperspeeds and switching Camera Perspecitves on-demand feels like a Roller Coaster.

Really donā€™t need additional obstacles when there is an inherent challenge pulling off the maneuvers and camera transitions minimizing collisions and ā€˜glitchesā€™ themselves. Put on some music and try to sync your actions with the rhythm. Its a blast.

1 Like

I am wondering why nobody ask about this. For my understanding in a dev forum you post your project to get help, feedback and any kind of ideas and suggestions.

I like the idea behind this and what you try to archive. I am curios where this leads to, it is really to fast for a normal game.

1 Like
A Small Glimpse of all Red Suit

1 Like

I like this lines, they catch the speed very well.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like