(UE5 Preview 2) + Oculus Quest 2 - Help! Cannot make APK with UPL errors ERROR: OpenXR/Source/OpenXRHMD/OculusOpenXRLoader_APL.xml

Hi All,
When I upgraded from UE5EA to UE5P2 I can no longer package/deploy my projects to Oculus Quest 2. I have spent the last few days simply trying to get the VR Template under Games to run. The issue I keep running into is as follows

First

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UPL: Engine\Plugins/Runtime/OpenXR/Source/OpenXRHMD/…/…/OculusOpenXRLoader_APL.xml
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ERROR:
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Unreal Plugin file Engine\Plugins/Runtime/OpenXR/Source/OpenXRHMD/…/…/OculusOpenXRLoader_APL.xml missing!

Then a bunch of lines run, including this one

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Target SDK Version 25

Finally

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ====3/10/2022 11:42:35 AM====PREPARING TO MAKE APK=================================================================
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ERROR: Cannot make APK with UPL errors
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): (see C:\Users\nick\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_5.0\Log.txt for full exception trace)
PackagingResults: Error: Cannot make APK with UPL errors
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): AutomationTool executed for 0h 1m 7s
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)

4 Likes

I have exactly the same, have tried disabling OpenXR but then OculusVR requires it and the packaged game loads in a window on the Quest 2.

1 Like

Yes Me too The Same Problem
and i found something else that the APK on oculus give me black screen
in Unreal Preview and Oculus APK Eather … !

I have submitted a bug report, if I hear anything back I will report back

thankx

There is advice on how to get past this issue

Thanks VictorLerp & SamGage for providing this info!

3 Likes