How Do i find this file "OculusOpenXRLoader_APL.xml"

I keep getting an error that this file is missing from the openXR plugin directory whenever I try to build for oculus quest 1. using ue5 Preview. Any ideas as to how to resolve it. Build works fine on ue4.27

1 Like

Hi, I got the same error and I’m looking around to find some information… I’ll follow you.

2 Likes

Others have it here, it’s bugged:

1 Like

Yep - that’s my post. I’m really bummed because this is stopping my project dead in its tracks

1 Like

The file was missing in Preview 2 due to VR plugins now being disabled by default and a new codepath was used to register the file. It has been fixed and you can find the fix on the 5.0 GitHub branch.

Remember that preview releases are not fully quality tested and under heavy active development. Consider them unstable. You should not convert your projects for active development on preview releases and test on copies of your project instead.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for pointing out the fix. I am, happy to play around with the preview release so we can get through problems like this. Really looking forward to the final build.

VictorLerp
Thanks so much for your guidance!
I have located the XML file on GitHub here:
UnrealEngine/OculusOpenXRLoader_APL.xml at ue5-main · EpicGames/UnrealEngine (github.com)

My question is where should I put the XML file on my machine? The paths I get in the log are not clear to me…

Thanks in advance
Nick

[EDIT: This crashes a lot in builds from one project and builds from the other don’t load at all]

If I use the linked file above I get errors, but I have a fix that worked.

Save the following as “\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\OpenXR\OculusOpenXRLoader_APL.xml”.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--LibOVRPlatform plugin additions-->
<root xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
	<!-- init section is always evaluated once per architecture -->
	<init>
		<log text="OculusOpenXRLoader"/>
		<setBool result="bCpuArchSupported" value="false"/>
		<isArch arch="arm64-v8a">
			<setBool result="bCpuArchSupported" value="true"/>
		</isArch>
		<setBoolFromPropertyContains result="bPackageForOculusQuest" ini="Engine" section="/Script/AndroidRuntimeSettings.AndroidRuntimeSettings" property="PackageForOculusMobile" contains="Quest"/>
		<setBoolFromPropertyContains result="bPackageForOculusQuest2" ini="Engine" section="/Script/AndroidRuntimeSettings.AndroidRuntimeSettings" property="PackageForOculusMobile" contains="Quest2"/>
		<setBoolOr result="bPackageForOculusMobile" arg1="$B(bPackageForOculusQuest)" arg2="$B(bPackageForOculusQuest2)"/>
		<setBoolAnd result="bPackageForOculusQuestAndQuest2" arg1="$B(bPackageForOculusQuest)" arg2="$B(bPackageForOculusQuest2)"/>

<if condition="bCpuArchSupported">
			<false>
				<setBool result="bPackageForOculusMobile" value="false"/>
				<setBool result="bPackageForOculusQuestAndQuest2" value="false"/>
			</false>
		</if>
	</init>

</root>

Cheers,

Sam

4 Likes

Thanks SamGage!

OK - I have the file in the right place, not getting the missing file error any longer! Thanks for the assistance.

Best,
Nick

1 Like