UE5 no shadows on IOS

Hey there,

we are creating an adventure game, mainly for IOS (iPad). We are struggeling with the lighting process. At the moment we are working with Lumen and moveable lights. In the editor it all looks good and the game also runs fine on the iPad but actually on the ipad there are no shadows visible. The light is fine, but no shadows. Is there any setting that I missed? The other option is of course to change from Lumen to Screen Space and Stationary lights and then to bake everything - is this the better way to go? What would you guys recommend? We do not need high FPS as this is a very slow point and click kind of adventure game. Iam also happy for any good and detailed ressources on this topic.

Hi Tim, Welcome to the Forums,

I’m surprised that Lumen is working on mobile at all!

" Lumen does not support mobile platforms." From Lumen Technical Details in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

Baked lights on mobile is generally recommended. But if FPS/frametime is not a priority I do feel like you could push the limits.

I’m writing this post mostly to inform you about the iOS preview setting:

With this on, the hope is that what you see in-editor will more closely match what you’ll see on the device.