UE5 Nanite NEED latest Windows 10 version that support DX12 AGILITY

Hello everyone,
I just want to say that UE5 nanite needs the latest DX12, and there is an essential update for dx12 in the window10 system called DX12 Agility.
If you are using Windows 10 version 1909. the revision number should exceed or be equal to .1350
If you are using Windows 10 version 2004 and 20H2, the revision number should exceed or be equal to .789.
Reference is Getting Started with the Agility SDK - DirectX Developer Blog
Correct me if I’m wrong
Thanks.

2 Likes

If you transfer your old project to the new latest ue5 release version in the windows 10 version that doesn’t support DX12 Agility. it is possible that nanite still can’t work because of the cache when you upgrade the system.

In this case, just need to delete all the cache and let the shader compile. or you could choose to transfer again in the new system.

Chiming in here to confirm that this is correct. The official 5.0 release included new dependencies on DirectX12’s Agility SDK for Nanite and your PC must absolutely have the latest version of Windows (version 1909+) and latest GPU drivers. Vulkan will also work.

For old Preview projects, you may need to migrate the content to a new project or otherwise delete the DerivedDataCache and any Intermediate / Saved / Binaries. DirectX12 must be the RHI for the project.

For users of Windows Server 2019, Windows version 1909 is not available and you should upgrade to Windows Server 2022 as soon as possible. In the meantime, when all else fails there is a console variable r.Nanite.RequireDX12 that can be placed in BaseEngine.ini / Engine.RendererSettings / r.Nanite.RequireDX12=0. This loophole will be closed with the 5.1 release and should not be relied on.

1 Like

Thanks for your confirmation!
Based on the DX12 agility SDK requirement in the documentation,
Windows 10 version 1909. the revision number should exceed or be equal to .1350
Windows 10 version 2004 and 20H2, the revision number should exceed or be equal to .789.
And also if D3D12Core.dll is in your C:\Windows, not, upgrade the system.

Better choose the 21H2 version or the 21H1 version that is above 20H2.