[UE5] Nanite bugged in new version of UE5?

@Pawpatting was there any specific updates that resolved this for you?

Tbh I had absolutely no idea which updates did what going into this. I did understand that there is something about Agility which is significant to the whole update process and why people who don’t have it are getting these issues with Nanite.

Apart from just running automatic updates, one thing I did do was also manually install previous win10 patches just in case there was some install corrupted data. I hate updating windows because there is always some BS resulting in BSOD and had the automatic updates feature disabled for a long while. But I can tell you that Nanite just wouldn’t work any other way before I did this whole process.

Check out what Evan_Tseng originally posted because that could help also:

Based on the DX12 agility SDK requirement in the documentation,
Windows 10 version 1909. the revision number should exceed or be equal to .1350
Windows 10 version 2004 and 20H2, the revision number should exceed or be equal to .789.

I already upgraded the system, but this is where the revision number.
You can also check the revision number in the cmd.

And also another way to check if D3D12Core.dll is in your C:\Windows, not, upgrade the system.

Better choose the 21H2 version or the 21H1 version that is above 20H2.

Hallo, Nanite is not working here, win10, RTX3090, win driver and nvidia game drivers updated. Atomic 64 seems not working in UE5, but it is working in UE4.

UE5 Log:
LogD3D12RHI: AtomicInt64OnTypedResource is supported
LogD3D12RHI: AtomicInt64OnGroupShared is supported
LogD3D12RHI: AtomicInt64OnDescriptorHeapResource is supported
LogD3D12RHI: Shader Model 6.6 atomic64 is supported
LogD3D12RHI: Warning: Failed to query support for 64 bit atomics
LogD3D12RHI: RHI does not have support for 64 bit atomics

UE4 Log:
LogD3D12RHI: RHI has support for 64 bit atomics

Additionally: In Preview rendering level Shader model 6 is greyed out, although in Microsoft DirectX Capabilities Viewer my available shader model is 6.5…

There are no active plugins in UE5 except for Built -in ones.

Thank you for your help!

it appears that using the normal windows update will fail to also update the directx files. You need to use this tool to correctly update windows

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Tried all previous solutions, updated to Win 11 , installed latest nvidia drivers. Installed latest Directx. In any scene Nanite does not work. Unreal 5.03 . Card is rtx2070 May be it’s too old?

Oh my God ! I don`t know why, but Nanite turned on today!

Hi there.
I tried all solutions mentioned here… the only one working for now was to switch to Vulkan!
Cheers

did you have updated windows as i’ve posted above?

I can’t tell if it’s working… Should it not work in wireframe and not have so much data? Data is the same as original asset.

Also can i increase intensity of nanite?

Hi Dorus…

Thanks for your answer. My Windows was already up to date!
I ended up to remove all the different releases of UE installed on my computer and to reinstall only UE5… somehow all’s good now!!! :slight_smile:

you have buttons on the right, start removing polygons by reducing the “Keep Triangle Percent” value, then play with the Fallback Relative error if you get black triangles errors in view.

up left it will tell how many nanite polygons are.

I know that but shouldn’t it do it automatically? Without me forcing the polys down manually?

Aha - it appears that my windows version is not 22H2! Maybe that is the case.

Question - if I build the project, and the computer that runs the game has 22H2 - will nanite work? Or is 22H2 required during the build process?

my system: rtx 3090, 5950x, 32gb ram, windows 11, ue 5.03.

nanite is not working. 5fps. when i put the console command: stat gpu
i can see a value called (unaccounted) with approx 170ms delay resulting in this low fps.
when i enter the console command r.nanite 0 i get my fps back.

all in all i must say the performance of ue 5.03. is more than underwhelming and i expierence severe coil whine in the editor hovering over menues, viewport or level sequences.

should i downgrade to windows 10? my system has no problems with other software than unreal

EDIT: switched now to RHI vulkan and hitting now 60fps effortlessly, coil whine stays

Well seems alot of people are having similar issues…
Hardware
x570, Ry 9, 2080s,64gb

I updated windows to 22H2, left me with a host of issues, namely dcom errors causing crashes to blue screen, played with the registry and permissions and cleared that up a bit but rolled back on advice from MS forum response.

Updated x570 firware in hopes of fixing USB disconnects to my periphrials (mainly mouse other things seem fine)

Verified UE install, checked for dxcore in win32, uploaded dbg’s to a couple places. Changed default to DX11, currently testing this, Im experimenting with chaos destruction im unsure if it relies on dx12 functionality…

Maybe I just need to close UE for 1 month…

Well about 45 min in editor…Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFD8044F6A9 (ntdll.dll) in UnrealEditor.exe: 0xC0000374: A heap has been corrupted (parameters: 0x00007FFD804B97F0).

Apparently on my windows wipe the media was version 22h2 and it got reinstalled, however after downloading ALL .NET framework options from VS it appears to be working ok, haven’t tried packaging anything but its at least running without crashing… nanite is working and DX12 is on, no crashes so far

I see there is one other lone Mac user on this thread, but I am with them. Nanite doesn’t work (at least nanite visualization tools don’t work, but the static meshes claim that nanite is active on them?) on an M1 Macbook Pro, OS Monterey 12.5.1. Any other Mac users out there that have found a solution? I tried changing the Targeted RHIs in project settings as someone suggested on this thread, but with no success.

Sadly, none of the above solutions have worked for me so far in 5.0.3
Nanite Meshes are still displayed / rendered in lowest polygon form.

Well, everything worked for me when i used UE5.0.3 , but when i updated to the new 5.1 nanite is behaving badly, i tried many fixes but nothing worked out, my windows is updated and my GPU as well, i think im going to use UE5.0.3 for now until they fix this problem

Update: Guys, i think i have narrowed down the problem and i know what’s causing this in UE5.1, its related to SM6, hope someone will confirm this and hope it will be fixed

Hi bro!
Try to disactivate the Raytracing in the “Project Settings”–> “Rendering”
It works for me!