UE5 is coming ~ What do you want?

Just one wish: please keep the realtime global illummination tech from the announcement trailer in the final engine release this time! :slight_smile:
So don’t let Lumen go the way of the dodo like SVOGI. Also make sure it can run properly on PS5 style hardware, as advertised, then I’m happy. :wink:

At least this way I won’t have to wait for years until a Korean MMO comes to the west :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope they adjust to the physics of cars

Oh, let me give another fantasize wanted, I said it once before: As an Apple fans I hope UE5 cound rebuild with Swift and running on the iPad Pro which is ARM architecture, HoHoHo…:rolleyes:

If I can make wishes, then full DX12 support in the shader compiler and a choice between Material Editor and writing materials directly in HLSL. Come on, that’s reasonable! :smiley:

Time to bring back UnrealScript!

1. Proper Multiplayer Origin Rebasing to allow bigger online game worlds like Arma 3
  2. Old Tone Mapper Glow to create better neon effects that are not washed out
  3. Improved BP to c++ Nativization

Normal documentation and tutorials.
In the 4.2x docs many dead links…

Double-precision floating-point for physics and everything else :cool:

I really hope for non-binary editor uassets… Working with source control is still mehh

no, no homebrew flaky scripting rubbish with weird and quirky ideas on language syntax that often against better established standards… different != better … unreal used to have its own scripting language, then they decided to just stick to c++/blueprints afterwards…to me that is two exttemes at opposite ends… and is why so many just stick with Unity (mainly for the marketplace more than anything as both CryEngine, Unigine, GoDot are all supporting C# but they all lack the marketplace and community knowledge base etc so are playing catchup with Unity still). Maybe if Epic had integrated C# way back at the scripting level they would be where Unity is now, even Unity had there own crappy scripting language called ‘boo’ bit like javasript/ javascrap more like, total fail, they only started getting better games and developers onboard when they switched over supporting C#.

C# has a huge community, cross platform support, great IDE support, you get lots of libraries and frameworks you can tap into and once you learn it you can transfer it to other areas, it’s a good well designed middle ground language much like Java.

And yes UE gui needs an overhaul, bloated interface with dated oversized icon layout, just don’t go ugly flat gui like Unity garbage interface in 2020+ releases.

Could I make 2 requests:

1. make gravity a vector + scale rather than just a scale along the Z
  2. An A.I. solution which allows Nav mesh to and A.I to work on any surface i.e.floors walls and ceilings.

Feature to automatically set corresponding Level Streaming config for all meshes/entities.

At least in 4.24.3 there is not even a bulk edit feature?

All I want is an Editor UI that isn’t a convoluted mess. I really do love UE4, but I hate using the editor. At the very least, we need a minimalistic mode/theme! Less icons, more text, smaller margins, please. Or better yet, a way to easily customize the editor, more than just moving windows around.

Right now, I just want to know about scalability and target hardware. I’m pretty sure my gtx960 is not gonna cut it, but I’d be pleasantly surprised if it could run on lower settings.

Also a list of “work on this” and “pause work on this because you will have to redo your work in UE5” would be ideal.

i like to see a new version for ART.

Chaos integrated fully in the engine to work without download and build the source engine.

more tools for VFX and cinematics.

I hope they integrate more tools and be able to reduce the number of external 2D and 3D applications.

Yeah that would be extremely helpful for me as well right now!
I’m especially hesistant about rigged characters atm…
I kind of doubt the current standard UE4 Mannequin RIG will be used for UE5 standard characters?
It’s quite… basic by now.

When Unreal 5 preview comes then even i will give a try to build it myself from source, i hope when compiling it will be possible to exclude content better than now like plugins that are not needed and so on…

One crazy stupid guess from what we seen in the video : As their new nanite system is at least 1 pixel for 1 vertex, what if we reverse the system to make a 3D scanner with 1 vertice by pixel capturated by the camera ?
No limit photogrammetry
Running on ps5 with eye toy :smiley: