UE4 StarWars (fanmade) Spaceship

Here you can see my full Pureref:

1 Like

Yes, quite inspiring, @Lance_VI !

I am astounded and very impressed at how you can create your own unique meshes by referencing images! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I am sure you are motivating and will motivate other creators, fans, casual viewers, and Padawans! :smiley:

1 Like

In the previous days I’ve made some advances: I have finished the modelling of the main structure of the interior (modelled the walls, the elevator, the cabine and some wall props)

I have also started by making the UVs and the lighmaps of the structure, here are the ones I’ve finished.

3 Likes

These last days I’ve been creating the UVs, lightmaps and colliders of all the structure. I’ve also implemented them on UE4 and created a little gameplay video.
The next step will be to put some wall assets, set the lightmap size correctly, put some lights and build them.

Gameplay

3 Likes

The basis for the interior design of the :sparkles: Kaleesh Vindicator :sparkles: is coming together very nicely. Keep up the great work; sending lots of support!

2 Likes

Here is a little gameplay with the lights already builded, it’s like a first lighting pass, I’ll probably improve it while adding textures, materials and more props to the scene.

1 Like

The other day I did an elevator to go up or down between the two levels of the spaceship. Here is a video and its blueprint:

I also did other blueprint for the lightwalls but I’m have some issues with the roughness, it become too bright when I create the blueprint, but when I put it in the scene, only as a mesh, its values of roughness are well, I’ll work on that.

I’m also meaking the tileable textures for the materials of the main structure and texturing the “modular” props, maybe they can have color for the next update :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been making some textures for the roof, floor, walls and some other wall props. I don’t like that much how they look so I’ll be finishing to texturize the other wall props and then I’ll improve what I don’t like.

3 Likes

Hi @Lance_VI !

The interior is fleshing out incredibly! The grating in the floors is even more defined by the textures surrounding them. Even if you don’t yet like how the textures look, you’re definitely in the ballpark! Your attention to detail will most assuredly pay off!

Will you be rigging a Kaleesh body to the default character model?

2 Likes

Hello @Get_DOVAH_it !!

First of all thanks for your support, I think I’ll improve the textures by changing them a little bit (those on the floor, walls and roof are tileable) and maybe adding some decals.

And for the caracter model, I hadn’t the idea of changing the mannequin, because I think that I don’t have acces to any character realted to the Kaleesh or ever to the Star Wars franchise, with a certain quality. But, as I’m making this project for my school, my teacher told us that we have to replace the mannequin with other model, so I changed the deafult mannequin with a Paragon character. Paragon characters are all free at the Unreal Engine bazar, so I chose one similar to the theme of my project. I’ll show it soon.

2 Likes

I’m finishing this lap of the texturing process, but I’m having some issues with the materials/textures and the light. I don’t know what is happening but my textures are too light on Unreal. I’ll put some screenshots to show the difference between painter and UE4.

And I’m also having a problem with the shadows of the roof, they are projected to the other elements of the scene as if it were a light outside the spaceship and they shouldn’t be there.

I’ll be working on this issues, but if anyone know anything to posible solve them I’ll appreciate it so much.

2 Likes

Hey there @Lance_VI,

Hope you’re doing well!

As always your work truly impresses. I wish I knew enough about lighting to help you solve your issue though! Hopefully, you manage to resolve it soon.

Goodluck! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Salutations @Lance_VI !

You’re most welcome!

I didn’t know you were developing this project for school! That’s amazing! Good point on the availability of a Kaleesh character, since Disney owns it. However, I am sure the Paragon character you choose is going to be so awesome sauce! I look forward to the reveal! :smiley:

I do not know much about lighting, but I did find a post here that might help. Wishing you the best!

2 Likes

New update: The problems are solved.

First of all thank you two for the attention.

Secondly, I will be telling you what the solutions to each problem were:

• The light textures issue was due to some nodes on my master materials which I created poorly, they were causing some maps to show wrongly. @Get_DOVAH_it I saw the video, but they are different problems, the one of the video was affecting to his movable objects (due to the volumetric lightmap config.) and mine was affecting to the static ones, their lightmaps work different. Thank you anyways :slight_smile:

• The shadows of the roof that were projected on other objects were solved by setting the master material to “Two sided”. That makes that any light that comes from outside the spaceship doesn’t cast shadows through the backside of the meshes.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! This is the update of the week. I’ll be changing some things for the final version, related to the materials and lighting, it’s still not how I want it.

Cinematic

Gameplay

4 Likes

I can see why you might want to tweak the lighting a little to make it brighter in certain areas, but overall this interior design is really impressive so far! From watching your linked cinematic and gameplay clips, I can easily tell all of your hard work is paying off. I can’t wait to see the final version! :grin:

2 Likes

Agreeing with @Zezkaii , this is most assuredly impressive! We certainly feel privileged to be watching you progress so far!

I also watched your cinematics. It was giving me Star Wars meets Dead Space. Is this the Paragon character model that you’ve chosen for the Kaleesh Vindicator? The reflections from the flooring are astounding! I also saw the stars from the cockpit! Love it! :fire:

2 Likes

Thank you both for the support. That mix of Star Wars and Dead Space might be because of that dark illumination, now I’ll foucs on creating all the props which are on the blocking fase (blue ones) and then I’ll change the illumination. Yes, that Paragon character was the one that I chose. If I’m honest with you I prefer to pick other character (out of Paragon) or stay with the Unreal manerquin, but I don’t have enough time since the project delivery and changing to other character would mean to make the rigging and setting the animations correctly, things that I don’t control very well.
Anyways, I’ll keep posting weekly my advances, stay tuned! :v:

1 Like

Update of the week!! I’ve been making some props these days. Next I’ll show all the assets that I’ve been creating on SubstancePainter (I think that’s the best place to show them to you):

4 Likes

Lovely asset/prop designs; fantastic work! I’m especially enjoying the rocket/missile prop! :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like