UE4 skeletal mesh flickers when playing retargetted animation!

I’ve been trying out the ALS (Advanced Locomotion System V4) recently, I decided that I wanted to try to change the animation used for the roll. So I downloaded the Roll Animation Pack from the Marketplace that was free some time ago. I imported it and retargeted the skeleton. I then made an anim montage and played it on the character. Everything seemed fine except for the fact that the character was flashing for approximately one frame after it had blended into the animation. I paused the engine and went frame by frame and this is what it looks like when the animation is played:

As you can see the entire body distorts into a mess for approximately a single frame. I’ve tried several things such as changing the slot used and disabling foot-IK but no matter what I do it still flashes like this at the beginning of the animation. I figured this was the right place to ask?

1 Like

Same problem, but only with default jump at the exact point it lands. And it’s the shoes only, which are attached with the “set master pose component”

Bump.

Just tried this exact same thing and I’ve managed to get it to not flicker many times in a row but it always chooses to flicker again.

Another possible solution I’ve explored.

I’ll report back if I can find what’s causing it.

EDIT:

Confirmed works! Huzzah!