UE 5.2 Spinbox issue

Hi, since UE 5.2 preview, there is a problem with the SpinBox Widget component.
The GetValue pure function and Value variable is not updated when the value changes.

Gif of the problem:

Blueprint code:

Spinbox Details:

As you can see, the print in the tick event will only show the initial value of the SpinBox and never reflect the actual value (when scrolled with mouse or when typed with keyboard and pressing enter)

UE5.1.1 this still works. I haven’t got a project currently in 5.2 but I see massive changes to the SpinBox.cpp file. There is a lot of b*llshit going on between the UMG and Slate widgets in how values are set and retrieved, often resulting in loss of data, incorrect values or values being stored in multiple variables.

I’ll add this to my list of largely ignored Slate synchronisation issues so we can perhaps motivate EPIC to get a new department for UI development :rofl: . They can’t stop breaking things it is ridiculous and must be said. They simply don’t test their changes it’s the only explanation.

[Bugs bugs bugs] Slate widget synchronization
EPIC, please stop breaking Slate and UMG in new releases.

1 Like

Yeah the SpinBox.cpp seemed to remove the value getting set by the slider. I had to add a SetValue off the slider for it to work.

3 Likes

I think I remember seeing a commit on a Spinbox file saying that the fix was tested against Lyra and UEFN, maybe tested against a ModelView widget and not a vanilla one. :frowning:

1 Like

Tried looking for other ways but it seems the best solution without editing the engine itself is yours, thanks for the trick !
Feels like I’m breaking the most basic programming rules with this “On Value change → Set Value” thing x)

1 Like

@gchapeaux Clearly :frowning:

Just ran into the same issue aswell on 5.2.0 Release. Very frustrating for blueprint only projects.

Hoping it will be fixed for the 5.2.1 :upside_down_face:

I have the same problem, SpinBox is broken in 5.2

This is fixed in 5.2.1
I tested and it worked for me

UE-188074 SpinBox UMG Widget’s GetValue only returns the last value set directly via SetValue

yes, fixed :slight_smile: in 5.2.1

1 Like

except they f*cked up something else :slight_smile:

[UE5.2, Bug report] Good job, you broke SetValue on the slider this time

And that :confused: what a joke

[UE5.2.1, Bug report] EditableTextBox broke further. GetText not returning set value.

1 Like

5.2.1 Hotfix Released

UE-188074 SpinBox UMG Widget’s GetValue only returns the last value set directly via SetValue