Ue 4.8 grey smog overlay everywhere

Hello. After installing 4.8 update i loaded my 4.7 project and noticed that now everything is covered with some grey smog screen overlay thing. Nothing was changed in the project. Just loaded it in 4.8. Detailing is lost. Black colors are not black anymore, some colors are shifted. I guess it is some new default parameter that I have to set up or turn off. maybe it is the new aces? I have 2 lights in the scene and 1 unbound pp volume. Can anyone please tell how to turn off the global grey haze? I think this overlay is pretty much ruins the beautiful render covering everything in dust. Thank you. Here is the 4.7-4.8 comparision image. link:4.8 haze

Hi moon43k -

You are correct a lot of what you are seeing is the new Post Process settings just not being correctly setup for your level. Without the actual level it is hard to make an exact statement about what needs to be corrected, but I can give you some generals. First I would adjust the Global Illumination settings from a default of 1.0 to 1.5 and adjust your Auto Exposure Min and Max Brightness to match what you are looking for in your level, but note that lower values may be needed to brighten the scene. For instance I normally will turn off Auto Exposure by setting a 1 and 1, on darker scenes now I typically set the values to 0.125 and 0.125 in 4.8. Finally we do have a bug report in to investigate the editor rendering not pure black and instead rendering a very dark grey.

Hopefully this will get you started to correcting the PP for your scene. Let me know if I can help further -

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Yep I have auto exposure off in the scene. Will try to find proper settings with reworked pp then. Very much thanks. Starting to like the new look.