[Twitch] Welcome to UE4 Development - Apr. 3, 2014

Oh, actually I do have a question!

How would I go about using mouse or touch input to trace hits on a specific, invisible plane? Basically, I’m making a 2D game in 3D space using blueprints, and I want my mouse/touch traces to only intersect with the plane on which my gameplay objects reside, not with anything in front of or behind it. But the plane has to be invisible, since otherwise it would obscure my nice background/foreground/objects. Any pointers?

Edit: To clarify: I have a level camera, pointed at a 3D playing field. I want the mouse to be able to manipulate objects, so I need the mouse cursor 3D position in the world where it intersects that invisible plane of the playing field.

Is there going to be a steady stream of Epic made free content on the marketplace or will it mainly be paid for content (like the realistic weapons pack) going forward once the initial content has been released?

One more sneaky question before the stream starts… I wondering about the slate visual solution that was mentioned, will it be fully friendly with blueprints? like passing values and stuff?
thanks again!

Any chance on tutorials for GUI Huds for Inventory/Character systems?

Out side of custom licence agreements how will multiple members of a team be handled in regards to the %5 royalties and the access to the source code? Will the primary team member, or compay owner, allowed to give access to different memebers of his team to the source code via his local repo, or will those member have to have a subscription with epic?

I can answer this one if the stream doesn’t cover it. We have a multi-part video tutorial on this coming soon, as well as a sample map like the other ContentExamples. I finished recording the video early this week. It just needs to be prepped and made ready, so it should be ready to go soon!

My question is: Will we have a Road editor any time soon? rsss

We’re going to attempt pronouncing forum usernames on air. :wink: Zurael - how do you say yours? Is it like “surreal” or “zuhr-aye-uhl”?

Are there any plans to add a video tutorial series to any of the Marketplace demos? For instance, the Shooter Demo, while amazing is slightly overwhelming for new devs, especially to Unreal.

Hey crowl , its the latter, like zuhr- ay- el

thanks!

and thanks for answering billy, looking forward to it!

Are there any projects that you’ve seen so far in your community that you are excited, or have some interest in? (Personally speaking, that is)

and:

I don’t suppose it would be possible for those of you @ Epic could potentially release some tools that would better help the community members who are working on films and shorts strictly from UE4?

1. When are AI trees coming?
  2. Can you create BP nodes from a group of nodes?
    Thanks ^^

Right now I heard that the AI Behavior Tree Editor is in Prototype and when the actual editor becomes available it won’t be backwards compatible. When will the full version become available?

1. Are there any plans to hook Scaleform back into the engine by default? I know Autodesk is quite open to it, but I wanted to know where Epic was at.

2. Would you consider making a dedicated Tutorials thread in the UE4 Forums?

3. In Blueprint, would it be possible to make a “Fork” node so we can have one trigger make two different processes start?

4. Will you fix the scale for the template modes? the characters are much larger than the default scale.

How will Epic handle users selling their own content on the market place? (blueprints), plugins etc how does this all tie together.

Does Epic games have any new solutions upcoming or in development to deal with Dynamic lighting, It is very limited right now in terms of the amount of lights you are able to place, and they have no indirect lighting.

Are there any plans to add support for WindosPhones?

Can I still ship a game and profit from it while not being subscribed. Or, if I’m subscribed upon release of my game, and after I release my game I unsubscribe, can I still make a profit?

Is it possible to get custom licence terms for small teams, say for a size of 4-6? Or is it aimed at larger teams?

Also whats the deal with in-game movies. Similar to UDK is BINK still supported or an alternative? I’m looking for a way to import some cutscenes but not sure of the best way.

Will the editor be optimized?
Its kinda super heavy right now.