Hi everyone! This is a re-post. We had a forums outage and lost some data today (SORRY!!) so we’re including a few salvaged questions that we’ll answer tomorrow. If one of these questions is yours, please say so! If we missed your question, please re-post it in this thread. Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
UE4 SpeedTree Broadcast - Live from Epic HQ
IDV, the makers of SpeedTree, are here to reveal new licensing terms and features available to Unreal Engine 4 developers coming with the release of 4.3 next month. There will be live demos and live Q&A!
Dana Cowley, Sr. Marketing Manager, Epic Games
Greg Croft, Sr. Software Engineer, IDV
Chris King, Co-Founder, IDV
Michael Sechrest, Co-Founder, IDV
QUESTIONS FROM THE COMMUNITY (well, some of them - please keep adding!)
- What’s is feature difference between this Subscription license version and the Normal Speed Tree for Games License - anything missing/limited?
- Is full integration source code available for building UE4 + SpeedTree from source?
- SpeedTree support / bug fixing - where do we go to get problems resolved if they happen?
- Will we have to compile SpeedTree into UE4 like other plugins? As it stands this is proving too problematic in that one plugin creates issues for others, such as using Substance Designer with Wwise compiled into the engine.
- When will this License take effect, i.e., When can I download SpeedTree with this license, and how will I register for a license? Do i just log in with UE4 subscription (and does the subscription need to be active)?
- Will SpeedTrees work with the Pivot painter materials? Will there be an automatic setup of this (unlike doing it manually in 3DS Max with the pivot painter tool)?
- Are you able to place and possibly modify SpeedTree trees inside of Blueprints? Will you be able to export these Trees (into FBX or so)?