Twinmotion to Unreal Importer

so when i try to build a package for the game, i always get an unknown cook failure. and before the last error there are a lot of errors about names of the TM imported objects being too long. i think that might be the issue. do you have any idea how to solve that?

Me too, doesnt look like anyone has a solution.

Hello! First of all, this plugin is the absolute best! It has some flaws with UV maps when assets are imported to twinmotion from another software like revit, but it’s no big deal. Quick questions, does anyone know when Twinmotion 2022.1 will be supported?
Thanks.

Hi Josmontese !

As a matter of fact… the Beta 4 of TMtoUE with 2022.1 support is out now !

Cheers,
Antoine

Hello! When I import a Twinmotion 2022.1 project into UE4.27, all the trees in the scene lose their leaf and bark materials.
Hello! When I import a Twinmotion 2022.1 project into UE4.27, all the trees in the scene lose their leaf and bark materials. There is an error message in the load log “unsupported material MI_leaves”. I’m using the Datasmith plugin for UE 4.27 and Twinmotion Content For UE4. I did everything as written in the documentation and in the video tutorial on the Twinmotion YouTube channel. But nothing works.
Equipment:
UE 4.27
Twinmotion 2022.1 (Trial)
Windows 10, i7, nvidia rtx3070, 16 gb ram.

All other assets are displayed well. All bushes and plants are imported perfectly. But the trees completely lose their materials (leaves and bark). On some fruit trees, the fruits remain, but there are no leaves and bark. Also some flowers lose their materials.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I plan to use Twinmotion in conjunction with Unreal Engine. And if I can’t fix the problem with the leaves and bark on the trees, I won’t be able to buy a full license.

Another thing: I tried to take the tree assets from the “Twinmotion content for UE” plugin into the content browser in UE and transfer them to the stage, but they are also inserted without leaves. And when I open the material of the leaves - it becomes gray (without material).

Run into the same problem. Updated the Importer yesterday. Material Function seems OK bun the Master Material for leaves M_Leaves looks empty and makes all the leaves invisible.

Project is in UE 4.27.2
I have an animation to deliver so a quick fix would be extremely helpful.

I fixed this issue! I reinstalled both plugins (Datasmith importer and Twinmotion content for UE 4). I also updated Unreal Engine to version 4.27.2. Now everything is working great!

I removed and reinstalled both Importer and Content. Unfortunately M_Leaves (Material) is still empty and the leaves are missing.

Any other ideas on how to fix this?

Okay got it fixed. Turns out it’s very simple, but I’m not sure why it happened in the first place.

For some reason after the update, the Opacity and Normal maps of the leaves are gone. You have to manually plug those in. Turns out M_Leaves (Material) thumnail always looks empty. That wasn’t the issue.

Hope this helps if someone else runs into the same problem.

Hi there.

I try to import twinmotion vehicle and people path to unreal engine? is it possible?
Because I don’t know how to create this (trafic vehicles) on an unreal engine and it would take too much time for me.
Thank you very much

would be great to also be able to transfer groups and animated characters

Has anyone tried this with UE5.1 yet??

New version of Datasmith Twinmotion Importer Plugin, it’s not working even in 5.0 and 5.1, will there be any hot fixes about it?

I have a same problem with 5.0
I installed these plugins from Launcher yesterday:

1. Datasmith Twinmotion Importer Plugin.
  2. Twinmotion Content for Unreal Engine.
    But after installation, I can not find ‘Datasmith Twinmotion Importer’ from 5.0 plugins, and I can not import .tm files.
    I can only find ‘Twinmotion Content’- plugin in 5.0 after installation.

Is there currently some ‘transition issue’ with TM plugins?
Or should I follow some other workflow to get my Twinmotion file to 5.0?

i am also having the same issues as yours regarding plugins in 5.0 or in 5.1… these plugins are not showing have you find out something

I’ve tried contacting them with this issue, but haven’t heard back yet.

I have the exact same problem… any updates?

These plugins are not on marketplace for 5.1 so it is expected if you do not find them.

Do you guys have the TwinmotiontoUnreal and TMtoUnrealContent folders in your UE5 installation (UE_5.0\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace)?

A recent update for UE5.0 came out, it works correctly again in this version, update your twinmotion plugin importer.