フォグがプレイに反映されない原因を探しております。

ExponentialHeightFogのボリュメトリックフォグをONにした状態で、DirectionalLightを調整することで、木漏れ日(ゴッドレイ)を表現しようとしております。
しかし、編集画面では再現されていㇽのですがプレビューを行うと全く反映されません。
こちらの現象に関しまして、原因などがわかる方がいらっしゃいましたらアドバイスいただけると嬉しいです。

hi @Tom.UE

I may be wrong but, is it this achieved using s post process volume?

If so you need to make sure that either the post volume has a higher priority than the post process attached to the player character OR modify the player character camera post process to match.

hope it helps

@High500

Thank you very much for your response.

We are not using post-processing and are using “DirectionalLight” and “ExponentialHeightFog” to make adjustments.

DirectionalLight" seems to be reflected correctly, but “ExponentialHeightFog” is not reflected in the preview.
Is the “ExponentialHeightFog” supposed to be reflected in the preview in the first place?

hmm ok have a look at this and see if you are doing the same sort of process , maybe there is a step you missed

God Rays Using Volumetric Fog | Tips & Tricks | Unreal Engine - YouTube

@High500

Thank you for your reply.
Furthermore, thank you for taking the time to share the video with us.
I have watched the video.
However, even with the same settings, the preview did not reflect the same settings.
It seems that there are other fundamental problems.

Sorry to hear that @Tom.UE

Maybe check these settings as described in this post:

@High500

Thank you for your reply.
I tried the same settings, but it did not work.
However, I tried creating new data and the fog was reflected in the preview.
The reason why the data I am creating now is not reflected remains unknown, and it seems difficult to solve the problem since the cause is unknown.

@High500

After trying several methods, I relocated the LIGHT and FOG and it worked.
It seems that one of the ones I was using was having a negative effect.
Thank you very much for your kind advice.

thats quite alright im glad you got it working.

I do get annoyed when you see differences in the editor but when you play it out its not the same. At least you found the problem!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.