[TOOL] Create your own binary build for your team

Does this work with 4.22? And I guess we have to run Setup.bat first, so there’s no reliable way to prevent downloading binaries for platforms we don’t want (without potentially breaking things later)?

This could be a great help for people!

​​​​​​​

Yes, this works with 4.22.
It should continue to work for future versions up until the unreal build tool changes somehow.

Cool, thanks!

is it normal for this to rebuild the entire thing all the time?

Incremental builds shouldn’t take that much time. A full rebuild happens when you have clean option enabled.

Hi Ryan!

Awesome tool, very cool!

If you mind helping with several issues:

1. How to set custom output (like on your screenshot), mine is greyed out?

1. I am struggling to re-complime UE4 after I installed V-ray for Unreal.
    Initial topic: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve…2-vray-4-12-00

However, with your tool the errors are somewhat same, maybe you can give an advice?

Thank you.

@hometask Custom output is only enabled for custom engine build xml files.

For V-Ray error, I’m sorry I’ve no idea about that since I don’t use V-Ray.

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘D:\UnrealEngine\LocalBuilds\Engine\Windows\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Shipping\Core\UE4-Core-Win64-Shipping.lib’
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘D:\UnrealEngine\LocalBuilds\Engine\Windows\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Shipping\Slate\UE4-Slate-Win64-Shipping.lib’
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘D:\UnrealEngine\LocalBuilds\Engine\Windows\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Shipping\InputCore\UE4-InputCore-Win64-Shipping.lib’
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘D:\UnrealEngine\LocalBuilds\Engine\Windows\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Shipping\Engine\UE4-Engine-Win64-Shipping.lib’

Project not building after I’m building the engine from source

With 4.23, you can option to build Dedicated Server with -Set:WithServer=true; Can you update your source ? or maybe can I submit a PR ?

[quote=“Ludea35, post:49, topic:81421”]

With 4.23, you can option to build Dedicated Server with -Set:WithServer=true; Can you update your source ? or maybe can I submit a PR ?

I’m also using “Dedicated Server” module in my projects. So, please, add this to the UI.

[quote=“Ludea35, post:49, topic:81421”]

[quote=“scadl, post:50, topic:81421”]

I’m also using “Dedicated Server” module in my projects. So, please, add this to the UI.

Hi. I’ve actually updated the source locally on my home PC but forgot to push the changes. Will do that once I get home :).

@Ludea35 @scadl Here you go. 4.23 support added.

​​​​​​​https://github.com/ryanjon2040/UE4-Binary-Builder/releases/latest

perfect thanks

Thank you!

Hi ! I have in (Source) 4.23 there is error after build binaries ! What am I doing wrong? Can you explain to me all the buttons " Options"? . Building is 3 hours and Why when I choose Automation Tool .exe then comes out a window so that I chose Automation tool Launcher .exe! Thank you!

Error: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
AutomationToolProcess exited with code 1

No PDB error

v2.3 released:

• Added support for creating zip file for distribution among team.

When finding the files, i am getting “The path is not of a legal form”

@systemich This issue has been fixed. You can get the latest version here: Releases · ryanjon2040/Unreal-Binary-Builder · GitHub

I encountered “The path is not of a legal form” few times just after making .rar file…

Getting an error when building with UE 4.24. F
Failed to load ***\Templates\FP_FirstPerson\contents.txt
No files specified to add to pak file.