"Time of day" acts like it is set to "Default", overwriting/ignoring any settings & devices

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Island Settings

Summary

Day Sequence Devices, Skydome Devices & the “Time of Day” island setting are no longer working, instead it acts like “Time of Day” is set to “Default” (Day-Night cycle).

Steps to Reproduce

Place a Day Sequence Device or change the “Time of Day” setting to anything but Default.

Expected Result

It should change the time of day.

Observed Result

The devices or settings do not work.

Platform(s)

Tested on PC

Island Code

1832-0431-4852

The status of FORT-779671 incident has been moved from ‘In Testing’ to ‘Closed’. Resolution Reason: ‘Fixed’

@Raider464 - Confirming that this is happening after today’s update?

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Could you post a screenshot of any configuration changes you have made to the island setting or any devices?

I am having trouble reproducing this issue and it would help if I could attempt to duplicate your setup.

2 Likes

It is a converted island and I am using “Day Night Cycle (Legacy)” in World Settings. Since todays update it ignores any changes to “Ambiance” in the island settings, aswell as changes in the skydome devices/day sequence devices (which both worked fine previously). It’s basically locked to Default settings.
IslandSettings

WorldSettings

As you can see in this clip, none of the changes are applying.

Adding to this, it’s possible it may just be for the “Legacy” Day Night cycle but happening for our games as well

1 Like

Thanks very much, I believe this will in fact only be a problem with the Legacy TODM. We are aware of the issue and working actively to find a solution. Thanks everybody.

1 Like

Hi! Happening to my map aswell, seems like a 10/20 minute cycle which makes the map really unplayable.

my map is a converted 1.0 map just as raider, if that helps.

Hey! Do you have any updates regarding this issue yet?

Playtime is going down and people are complaining quite a lot.

We are actively working on the issue but I can’t speak to any timelines for the fix. I would follow this thread for updates: Fortnite Ecosystem v31.00 with Known Issues

I’ve noticed that I dont even have the “time of day” setting in my UEFN project for my map with this issue (attaching screenshot of the setting I dont have). Do we have any updates regarding this? 10 days without a post in the ecosystem post. Starting to be quite troublesome for the players.

image|149x62

31.10 Fortnite Ecosystem Updates and Release Notes | Unreal Editor for Fortnite Documentation | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)

this thread is explicitly mentioned in the “community bug fixes” section of todays release notes

should be fixed now

My map is just night now. Did they reset the settings aswell?

UPDATE I’ve accidently changed from 12 PM to 12 AM during my last update when the time of day was bugged. It works now.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know!