tiled mesh flickering on edges

hello i have a weird issue.
I’m creating a game like endless runner but vehicle. the floor (static mesh) spawns, like tutorials in youtube, (a tile spawns sequential to make a road). tiles are snapped well but when game plays, the attached edge of some tiles randomly flickering for once!!!
i used both custom and unreal meshes i tried another project and i did everything i could but flicker remains.
any help would be appreciated.

look at the top of image, the line in road is the flicker and appears too much but hard to catch with screenshot.
I’m not using tile map but tagging it because people have seen it in tile map too much

2 Likes

I’ve seen a tutorial for fixing that in a tile map, or a landscape where grid lines appear that are not enabled. The fix was changing the skylight from stationary to movable. So, if the scene is using a movable skylight, try changing to stationary and back to movable. Same for the directional light, if the skylight isn’t enough or doesn’t work.

Another possible fix is locating the tile/mesh a little offset from the adjacent tile/mesh along the axis the road is set. So, if the road is running along Y-axis, change its Y location value by 0.01 away from the previous road mesh/tile. For some unknown reason, when meshes are lined up at their faces, flickering occurs. It’s sometimes called z-fighting, so it might help to research that term for information on why/how it occurs.

thanks for solutions however none of them worked but you gave me an idea about Y axis and that changed the game. i changed everything on axis Y to X and all flickers disappeared.