There is any Pose-T for the UE5 Mannequin?

I want to make retargeting from Mixamo to UE5 and the contrary and i can’t match the pose from the Mannequin because there is no a Pose-T.

There is not on the Sample Project, right?

I would beg for that included on the Engine :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey there @Hollowsaibot! you can actually adjust the pose you target from directly so you can adjust your character or the mannequins pose directly. Here’s a link to the documentation, once you get to pose editing you should be able to do exactly what you need! I’ve also got a video from the amazing @alberto in which he shows that you can retarget from anything in any position!

Disclaimer: Epic Games is not liable for anything that may occur outside of this Unreal Engine domain. Please exercise your best judgment when following links outside of the forums.

And another tutorial from Matt Aspland:

Hope this helps!

Documentation:

Hey, yes and no. It’s a kind answer, appreciated, but still, adjust the pose as it’s explained on the 2nd video “Modifying the skeleton Pose” it’s a lot of time if you want to match every bone: fingers, space between feet, exact angles… you know. I think it would be helpful that pose-T. I will check it again the project just in case i miss it, but that :slight_smile:

I understand! Though it may take your 30 minutes to an hour now, but you could in theory reuse that asset throughout your projects. I had done the same thing back in UE4. Had a manny skeleton set up and ready to immediately retarget to mixamo imports. The workflow is a bit different now, but it might save you some time in the long run!

Hi there,
My understanding is that there is nothing impossible in Unreal. Have you ever tried to upload Manny to Mixamo.com and download it with a T-Pose animation? After importing only the animation to Manny inside UE5, save the animation as Pose Asset using right click + create pose asset, or directly inside the animation editor. Keep in mind that if you import the mesh with a new skeleton, the skeleton will come with root bone displaced at pelvis location, so this imported mesh is not usable for animations and gameplay. Perhaps you can use it for cinematics in sequencer. I’ve never tested it, but, in theory, it should work for retargeting your animations. Let me know if that helps.

EDIT: As uploaded to TPS Template:

6 Likes

I will try it. Thanks in advance. Looks a nice solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!
Thank you, this way has preliminary worked for me (UE 5.1.0_preview2).
For everyone, who would use it:

1. Please, export the SKM_Manny_Simple(SKM_Quinn_Simple) as the SKM_Manny could not be uploaded to mixamo correctly.
  2. The backward import (as it was mentioned) should mark only the animation checkbox (except the mesh).
  3. T-Pose could be applied to the MetaHuman skeletal mesh via the appropriate IK Retargeter (RTG_Manequin seemed to fit my case).
3 Likes

Not work, download from Mixamo still got

orignal pose even I checked T-Pose when download

BTW, the SKM_Manny without Simple can actgually process by Mixamo!!!