The UE 5.3 Project crashes frequently 0x0000066a6c3fdc08

After reinstalling Windows, my project crashes frequently.
I can’t understand what the problem is, I tried Migrate, it didn’t help.

I couldn’t find any data on my error code.

LoginId:adf8b9484a4fa484d8219891208d2fa8
EpicAccountId:494c73e8a506468f8beedeb9a27f0aef

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000066a6c3fdc08

D3D12Core
D3D12Core
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_RHI
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

Hey @ADJNA,

Looks like you are having issues with your graphics drivers. In particular, it looks as if your issue is Direct X 12. You may need to update/fix your drivers if you just reinstalled windows, or switch to DX11 if you swapped hardware.

Hi @ADJNA
I think you have the old Nvidia Graphics drivers that come with windows 10 which dont work with DX12
You need to got to
NVIDIA Driver Update|NVIDIA
or manually update

Official Drivers | NVIDIA

NVIDIA updates those drivers frequently. I periodically run a GeForce program that updates them.

hi @ADJNA

You will need to change the section in DefaultEngine.ini of your project and turn off DX12 and SM6 with a minus on all entries
replace from below

[/Script/WindowsTargetPlatform.WindowsTargetSettings]
DefaultGraphicsRHI=DefaultGraphicsRHI_DX11
+D3D11TargetedShaderFormats=PCD3D_SM5
Compiler=Default

What exactly do I need to do? Does it need to be changed in the DefaultEngine.ini file?

hi @ADJNA ,
May be fixed with post wrote about this in a previous post about similar problem
#UE5 CRASH DefaultGraphicsRHI_DX11

I’m afraid to get excited early yet, but it looks like the bios update solved my problem. I haven’t had any crashes for half an hour now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.