The player is colliding with empty space

Hello everyone, I’ve built a map and conducted playtesting. It appears that in certain areas of the map, the player seems to be colliding with unseen objects. I checked the same spots in UEFN, I haven’t identified any visible objects. Is this a known issue, will it resolve itself once I publish the map?

Hi Rak,

I’d check the area with the ‘Player Collision’ Viewmode.

I also wonder if you are moving/animating anything with sequencer.

Hi Astrotronic,
I’m new to UEFN but i dont see anything unusual i checked the area with the ‘Player Collision’ Viewmode.

im not using the sequencer.

Thanks for the extra info.

Are you trying to walk up that ramp an into that structure?

Does it work if you remove that row of walls above the ramp?

Are you able to make a duplicate of that ramp and walk up it as expected?

Edit: Just a heads-up that I’m off for the weekend and will be back on Monday. The general troubleshooting idea is to test objects individually to identify what you’re colliding with.

Thank you for the quick response.

I believe I may not have explained myself clearly enough, and I apologize for any confusion. The issue isn’t exactly collision. it’s more like the player is bumping invisible obstacles but he can still keep walking but stutters.

I also attempted to walk on the ramp to exit the team base, but the issue persisted even after removing the row of walls above. Additionally, the issue still occurs on duplicated ramps.

As I mentioned earlier, there aren’t any objects that I collide with, so I’m unable to determine the root cause of the issue.

Have a great weekend

it look liker this, when i walk forward is smooth but when i walk left/right/backwards it starts stuttering
try watch the video on full screen

Thanks for the vid!

I see what you mean. This looks to be a latency/server issue. (Although your ping stats seem ok to me.)

I experience the same thing when playtesting, (it usually clears up after a minute or two) Odds are good that this will resolve itself once published.

I published my map today but the issue persists, and it’s incredibly frustrating because I’m unsure what is causing it.

Ok, that’s good to know.

I’m not sure if there is anything more to troubleshoot. (Character movement and animations are Epic systems.) I did just notice that your FPS is extremely high. I wonder if you still see this with Vsync on.

Vsync is off and my friends also experiencing this issue when entering the map. I dont know maybe i changed something in the settings

Some posts have been made about the new movement system causing problems like this,
In Island Settings - Movement Speed Tunings, switch it to the other value and see if that does anything

3 Likes

YES ! it seems like it fixed it. I appreciate the help very much. Thank you both.

You just have to change the player’s movement in the fortnite island settings

Yes. the issue already been resolved. thanks

Hi all,

I just wanted to follow up on this to say that in v29.0+ both ‘Movement Speed Turnings’ should work normally.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.