Player collides with invisible object

Summary

In my UEFN map, I’ve noticed that the player collides with an invisible object in one part of the environment.

I saw this thread that had someone report the same issue: The player is colliding with empty space - #13 by Soy_Ema_31

Unfortunately, changing the movement tunings did not work for my case.

In the FN discord, someone mentioned that invisible collisions can occur with official FN props as they are quite buggy. I deleted all props surrounding the area, yet the collision still occurs. In collision view, nothing out of the ordinary shows.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Assets

Steps to Reproduce

I don’t know how to reproduce this issue apart from playing on my island. The player collides with an invisible object.

Expected Result

There should not be a collision where there are no props.

Observed Result

Collisions occur with invisible objects.

Platform(s)

Windows 10

Yeah, that post was more about lag issues when the new movement system was a bit too new.

I’ve seen a post regarding an invisible spike in the terrain, you might be able to see with wireframe view. or run a lanscape smooth or flatten tool over the area.

Otherwise check the floor too,
I had a swimming pool piece do this, only in one spot, duplicates of it elsewhere didn’t.

Thanks. There was a spike in the terrain but removing it didn’t fix anything. It’s possible I need to keep flattening it so I’ll continue to try that.

I’ve seen other posts mention issues with importing combined static meshes and I’m starting to think this may be my problem.

1 Like