The Introduce Yourself Thread!

I don’t want to offend you or anything but to satisfy my curiosity I have to ask, what are you on about?, and what does it have to do with an “introduce yourself” thread?

I’ll change a section.For such of things you recommend thread in which section?Maybe Private message?How much money someone needs to win licence for your old title ips’ from 90’s?

hi, im .im from just outside stoke (2 miles from alton towers) and im 46.

im new to these as I still use udk,although I have been watching ue4 evolve from the start.

I built my first game on a zx spectrum and then didn’t have much to do with computers until '91 when I bought 3ds r2.i pretty much worked in isolation for my own amusement until 2010 when I got the internet.within a month I had found udk and never looked back.

im an allrounder but I guess my strength is my persistence.i never give up on anything.

Hello, I’m hippowombat. I’ve been using UE4 for just over a year, and pursuing game design for 2 years. I enjoy stylized aesthetics from a design perspective, such as cel shading and low poly organic shapes.

I’m 23, a father of two, a husband, and a credit union teller by day. In my spare time I enjoy watching TV with my wife, playing with my kids, and studying/practicing game design.

I’m primarily engaged in 3d modelling/texturing/level design, though I have done some programming work as well. I’m currently focusing on one group project, but am dabbling in a few other projects on the side.

Software I’m proficient in:

Unreal Engine 4
Cryengine
Maya

Blender
Photoshop
Quixel

I’m trying to get a solid set of skills in every area, so that I can be a valuable asset to any team/project I’m working on.

<3

Cool, just noticed this… Ill also add:

Hi, my name is . Currently I live in London UK and work as a lead character TD for film VFX. A few weeks ago I gave in to my growing interest in game dev and started to look into UE4. I studied in Berlin Germany at the Games Academy film course (so I have a bit of game dev experience - a little bit). As a learning project with ambitions Im working on mastering the character controller mechanics in UE4 to make a third person action rpg. Since I have a few years of experience in many fields of general CG I have a growing library of self made models and rigs that I plan on introduce into the game engine when time comes. My main professional focus is, as my job suggests, character rigging. On a personal level I also do some modeling, texturing, animation and concept art. Even tho my work includes knowing python, c++ and maya’s MEL im not a very strong programmer so im looking a lot into blueprint - which I really like.
Im also a big fan of the Warhammer 40k universe. Currently reading all the Warhammer 40k books I can get my hands on. - Never did the tabletop games tho.

My main software of expertise is:
Maya

Additionally I know:
Photoshop
Mudbox
After Effects
Nuke
Unreal Engine 4

My name is Akif.

Accounting my goal of being a videogame programmer at Capcom, I was inspired to practice Unreal Engine 4, which is actually the first Unreal Engine version I’ve used.

Hello guys, I’m new in game development and I joined this community to learn new things and improve my skills. I’m happy that by browsing threads in this forum I was able to find some inspiration also. Good day to !

Hey,

Myself newbie too here. Opened my account few days ago and enjoying so far. Glad to be a part into this community.

Thanks to all!

not an introduction but I found no other place to post this…

@ your PM inbox is full :slight_smile:

@ - Fixed!

Hi, I’m Kevin, I’m 16 years old and I’m from Spain.

When I was 12 I experimented with UT99 map editor. I did simple maps because I had nothing knowledge, but I enjoyed with it. Months later I discovered and tried Construct 2. I made a game with it and worked fine with Chrome, but now it’s a little buggy. At least still being playable.
During this years I’ve been trying Unity3D but I didn’t make nothing noticeable, specially on Linux, where it’s on beta. And lately I had some ideas for a game, so these days I’ll give a chance to Unreal Engine, which seems to be better and more stable than Unity3D on Linux (Ubuntu).

Related with Unreal Tournament, I played UT99 (and still playing occasionally) and UT2004 (I like it but I feel it different from UT99).

I have some experience with:
*Construct 2
*GIMP
*Mail-Arts
*OpenMPT
*Taking photos and drawing
*Unity3D
*UT99 map editor
*Video editing

Regards
Kevin

Hello,Myself sheetal. I am glad as part of this forum.I am interested in technology ,apps and gaming so i joined this forum to get knowledgeable information.
Thank you.:slight_smile:

Hi! I’m and im from Washington State, USA.

I began learning UE4 in 2014 when i was attending Art Institute of Seattle for visual effect / motion graphics. On top of that, i’ve been learning and using Maya for a few years now and just started learning about Substance Painter, Crazybump and other software. Dabbled with Unity but in my opinion i absolutely hate it. Played around with CryEngine 5 and its got some pros but im honestly hooked on the Unreal Engine and its blueprint system.

Software Experience:
*Maya
*Mudbox (less than a year)
*Photoshop
*World Machine

I am jaan doe and i aspire to become the kanye west of game development, that will be all…

Yo! ! Are you still around here brother?

~