The Introduce Yourself Thread!

Hi all
Im Chuck from Ohio. Im 41 and I really enjoy playing, modding, programming games. When growing up going to the local fairs all my friends would go ride rides , you could find me in the arcade.
I have not mastered any one part of making a game but have little experience doing just about everything. Trying to do the impossible and produce the best FPS EVER!
Software I use
UE4
3d
Maya
Photoshop
Motion Builder
MudBox
Substance Designer
Dreamweaver
Muse
Flash
MicroDem
TerreSculptor
NDo2 DDO
xnormal ShaderMap2
Zbrush
Ill keep the list short I wont go into the Microsoft ware

Can read write
C++, Flash , Java, Have a degree in Computer Programming but Im not very good.

Have built about 15 Server boxes and had them in Data Centers in key locations. Have built many workstations and home PC’s. I really enjoy building workstations.

I enjoy really weird things like thiswww…com/results?search_query=do+the+harlem+shake
[video]https://www.facebook/video.php?v=10154495380260521[/video]
https://www.google/chrome/multitask.html

Hello Everybody!

I’m ( is my go-to name though), I work as a freelance level designer and independent game designer.

I’m currently working on my first game (and level…so I can get a paycheck)!
I have a strong passion for game design and will do anything to see my projects through.

Experience I Have:

• UE4/UDK
  • 3ds /MAYA/Mudbox
  • Zbrush
  • Photoshop
  • Cryengine
  • Source Engine
  • Xnormals
  • Unity
  • Softimage/MotionBuilder

Pleasure to meet you all!
~

I am , (aka ), and I am 30 and from Detroit Michigan. I have had some classes over the years in the field, and have been using UDK for several years, along with UE4 since the start. Well, before the start since I was lucky enough (thanks Epic) for being one of the UE4 Beta members :slight_smile: Aside from Video Game Design, I also create websites, and am in the process of getting our first ‘brick and mortar’ building, as I have since had to do some hiring. :wink:

For those that don’t know me, as I have not been here in a few, was named from my two girls, Chloe and Delilah. And my oldest is 6 and already makes websites!

I have experience with:

UDK
UE4
Maya

Gimp
Photoshop
ZBrush
Mudbox
Xnormal
Crazybump
speedTree
FL
etc

html, css, flash, c++, java

Well, I’m sure I misses some thing things there, but nice to meet all of you here,

Hello everybody!

I’m Luke and I’m not really based anywhere at present - I like to travel and will merrily go where the work is - in the past year, I’ve lived and worked in the UK, Germany and New Zealand! I’m currently a mercenary technical designer and programmer in games, and in the past I’ve worked at like Lionhead and Pitbull (now Epic Games UK). I’ve been around the Unreal community now for about eight years now and working with (and on) Unreal Engine 4 for over two years, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some of you are already sick of seeing my face in and around the community :wink:

Hi ,

I’m and am primarily into creating 3D Environments but am expanding pursuits in animation and particle effects in UE4. I went to Wake Tech and received my certification in Simulation and Game Design. I look forward to exchanging ideas and being part of the community!

Hello all!

My name is I just recently graduated from Wake Technical Community College with an Associates in Video Game design. My background aside from my gaming experience is a bit different than most because I grew up on the east coast of North Carolina. Most people there are very involved in the culture and lifestyle that come with living on the beach. I have surfed, skated, and done all of those beach things as well, but my passions lie within games and everything that comes with them. Whilst enrolled at Wake Tech I found my niche as a level designer and 3d modeler. The game development process is fascinating and I am looking to absorb as much information and meet as many people who are involved within the community as I can.

3ds
UDK
Unreal Engine 4
Photoshop

Hello all!

Already have a few posts, but I am new all the same. Just didn’t see this till now.
My name is and I am from Norway. I am a generalist but my strength lies within arts, and to some degree programming (C#). I have been using Unity for a long time, but I am now having the time of my life refreshing my C++ skills and learning the general workflow of UE4.
Thus far I am highly impressed…

I use:
VS2013
UE4
Maya
Photoshop

Greetings all. Name is Kenny and I hail from West Texas. I’m an old timer @ 45 and I’ve been modding games in Unreal since Star Wars Republic Commando. I have studied game art design and use a variety of programs. My main points of interest are level design, concept art, and story lines. I tried to organize a group in UDK under the name Darkstorm Entertainment, but it unfortunately didn’t work out.

Software I use:
Manga
Photoshop
Blender (Not very good with)
World Machine (Novice)
Micro Dem
Terra Sculptor
NDO 2
Unreal Engine 4

Probably a few more but that’s the bulk of it.

I will just bump this thread. Probably we can get some more posts. :wink:

[=;204145]
I will just bump this thread. Probably we can get some more posts. :wink:
[/]

Lies. It shall get no more posts! Though I suppose I’m posting now…so I guess I might as well say something.

Greetings, I’m . I have a digital marketing (Search Engine Marketing & website development primarily) & business ownership background with studies in contract law (I write all the contracts for my company as well as for several associates) and Gamification. I’ve always wanted to design video games, but aside from writing I’m not an artistic fellow. Everything from hand-drawn 2D to figuring out how to manipulate an object in 3D seems to be something I’m entirely devoid of talent for.

Picked up Unreal Engine 4 after seeing several different videos on the visual coding system Blueprint. I’ve thus decided to dive head first into it and put it in no less than 6 hours a day (more like 13 on weekends) studying tutorials & watching videos. Its overwhelming for someone without a background in anything mechanically relevant, but I’ve set some ambitious goals that I hope to achieve.

So here I go :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m Moritz (aka ). I’ve started working in Unreal 3 about 7 years ago when I finished my Computer Science Degree at Tragnarion , a small located at the nice and sunny island of Mallorca. There I had the chance to work using UE3 as a licensee which was just awesome, and of course once UE4 approached it was just magic ^^. I meet a lot a very nice people there from vary different companies such as Valve, GameSpy (defunkt…), Microsoft, Sony and a lot more! One of my ex-colleagues is working now as a Partner for Epic (Richard Talbot), greeting to you dude if you read this ^^. Others that I had the pleasure to work with are now working at Slant Six Games, Crytek, EA, King, Gameloft, Limbic (the guys which are doing Heroes of Might and Magic 7) etc etc etc… (this will be a very large list I guess…)

I started programming at the age of 10 thanks to my uncle which wanted to mock my mom and bought me my first computer (a nice secondhand Amiga 4000) and I never stopped :smiley:

The languages I mostly use on a day-by-day basis:
C++
C#
Python

The languages that I use for experiments:
Lisp, actually Common Lisp
Javascript
Lua

I’m back

Hi All,

Who am I?

Why I left

Training / Experience

• Classically trained as a Mechatronic Engineer (Mechanical, Electrical / Electronics, Software - ie: Robots / Automation) and Project Manager.

• Worked in a number of industries with a lot of roles / positions during my career thus far. The list is long, so here are a few relevant ones:

• Indie Game Developer

• Lead Project Engineer / Technical Coordinator

• Portfolio / Project Manager

• Author

• So I can “make things happen”, manage / coordinate, mentor, engineer, CAD and code

Why I am back

• Great Community - I really did miss it when I left

• Unreal Engine

• Unreal Tournament amazing development pace

• I like making games

• Made / Managed (I wanted to ship, so I shipped)

• Consulted and play tested

• TBA - I’ve been asked not to post this, until it’s launch

• Never wanted to leave, but couldn’t commit the time

What I will start doing

• Investigate and implement prototype vehicles in UT

• Contributing to Chaos Mod for UT

• Investigate and implement prototype of Mobile & Console / Cross-platform support for UT

• UT on mobile - have a quick deathmatch against some bots anytime

• UT on console - Keyboard / Mouse is ultimate control combo, so let’s show the world :slight_smile:

• Finish and publish some games using UE

When / Period of Availability

• From now till Jan 2016 - 100% of time will be spent on Game and App development

• After that planned minimum 20-30%, might be more, but won’t be less.

Thanks for reading, glad to be back :smiley:

Hello ,

So my name is , I’m 23 and from Oregon, United States. I been playing games since SNES. I started using UDK almost 4yrs ago. I didn’t know what I was doing but then I caught on. I have no college education. I started working with UE4 when it was released free. I am finally creating good levels and working on a game right now. I am looking forward to become a level designer or even creating my own company in the future.

Programs I use:
UDK/UE4
Blender
ZBrush
Photoshop
ArtRage /Autodesk Sketchbook
Magix Music Maker

[=richardboegli;404389]
Hi All,

Who am I?

Why I left

Training / Experience

• Classically trained as a Mechatronic Engineer (Mechanical, Electrical / Electronics, Software - ie: Robots / Automation) and Project Manager.

• Worked in a number of industries with a lot of roles / positions during my career thus far. The list is long, so here are a few relevant ones:

• Indie Game Developer

• Lead Project Engineer / Technical Coordinator

• Portfolio / Project Manager

• Author

• So I can “make things happen”, manage / coordinate, mentor, engineer, CAD and code

Why I am back

• Great Community - I really did miss it when I left

• Unreal Engine

• Unreal Tournament amazing development pace

• I like making games

• Made / Managed (I wanted to ship, so I shipped)

• Consulted and play tested

• TBA - I’ve been asked not to post this, until it’s launch

• Never wanted to leave, but couldn’t commit the time

What I will start doing

• Investigate and implement prototype vehicles in UT

• Contributing to Chaos Mod for UT

• Investigate and implement prototype of Mobile & Console / Cross-platform support for UT

• UT on mobile - have a quick deathmatch against some bots anytime

• UT on console - Keyboard / Mouse is ultimate control combo, so let’s show the world :slight_smile:

• Finish and publish some games using UE

When / Period of Availability

• From now till Jan 2016 - 100% of time will be spent on Game and App development

• After that planned minimum 20-30%, might be more, but won’t be less.

Thanks for reading, glad to be back :smiley:
[/]

Hi richardboegli,

I believe you’re looking for the Unreal Tournament . These are more geared towards UE4 development as opposed to UT specifically.

Name Tony antoniobradiano aka honeybiscuit. 45. Some collage. Musician since 12 (guitar). 8 years psycholg, NLP. Game freak since I got my 1st 286 back in the day. Been in martial arts since 12 in NC. White Lotus gung-fu,Gojo-Ru,JKD,balintawak,Jujitsu,Taichi. Hurt in 2007 in match. Been learnin about UDK/unreal engine 4 about 2 years. ADHD from hades. 3 daughters 4 grand kids.

Glad to be here. Many nice people willing to help.

Hello Game Makers and Gamers, I am ,
I’m a young game maker.
this is my first game.
It is called Run Gun Sword Punch Kick
It is a Local multiplayer Third-person shooter game.

My big bro noticed that I was good at map making in Super Smash Bros for Wii and also making levels in Mario Flash games.

I started with a template and went off from there.

Been following Blueprint tutorials and adding bits to my game.

Favourite thing is map making, but I ran out of time for this game so I used infinity blade maps.

I’m going to work on Run Gun Sword Punch Kick a bit on the holidays, but I’ll be mostly working on a FNAF fan game.

Ideas are welcome for both games.

G.M. retired, build my own computers and do some repair.
I still play UT99 G.O.T.Y. and I have played UT2k3 and 2k4 unreal 2, Ut3 and now I am going to play UT4
OH ya! I am a ol fart 67
Live in Western Mass.

YAAAA!!!!!

Got my POwer supply and Video card today:)

Hey Whats up!
Who i am?
I am , Some of my friends prefer to call me .
I mostly live in Canada but i am from Europe. Just recently graduated a college not about games but animation. Which has given me some great experience for my use in when making the games to.

Had being playing games since SNES i had mostly felt a passion for RPG, RTS, Adventure games. I always wanted to design video games, i have some pretty good artistic skill set aside from my writing and scripting. I have set myself some ambitious goals which i hope to achieve. Its not going to be easy. But i think it would be good.

Programs I use:
Maya
Maya scripting
Photoshop
UDK/UE4
RPG Marker VX Ace.

languages:
html,C++

I guess I must have missed this thread.

Who am I?

Hi! Im , i’m 25 years old, also known at TheAgent around the UDK . I’m primarily a technical artist, but spend a lot of time doing gameplay programming for Bacon Man at SkymapGames LLC.

My game development days started with UE1 and UE2 when they included the level editor!

Program Experience

UE1, UE2, UE3, UDK, UE4

Maya
Zbrush
Photoshop,Flash
Visual
XNormals
Programming Languages**

AS2
AS3
UnrealScript
C++

How can I spend money very fast for video games?Should I eat my game projects.Or I should focus on games with retro graphics,spiritual successors,remaking old game or making next-gen video games for example Half-Life 2 Episode 3+Half-Life 2 Episode 4(Return To The Ravenholm)?Thinking about your one certain video game is copyright infridgement(extending patents timelines when my video gamers generations will die of old)turnabouts copyrights and permament banishment here.Maybe you will punish yourselves for resurrection of this very particular PC game,huh?I forgot about very high penalty for you and court.
“How ironic fate can be?”-Mephiles The Dark