The Art of Combat - Melee Combat System for the Unreal Engine

Thanks!
If you’re referring to the Parry Indicator, I haven’t added that yet. It’s on my list for the next update.

your project look very interesting . I’m too working on melee combat system.

http://i045.radikal.ru/1602/a4/c9f26452a4b6.gif

Oh, that’s cool. It’s great that designers now have a bit more templates and systems to choose from. Checked out your project too. Pretty cool work.

If this gets multiplayer ready solution it is no brainer buy for me, however in current single player only state it depends how quickly it can be converted/scaled into mp.

Yeah that’s who I meant sorry for the mispelling.

Yeah, multiplayer isn’t ready for it yet. Still working on that.

So I finally began working on Classes for Adrayvia, and now there are 2 classes out of the 9 I’m aiming for - the Sword Meister and the Ranger Classes. The Rangers use longbows primarily, as well as shurikens and kunai. This has been one hell of a ride and really exciting. I don’t even know how to describe actually designing RPG elements for my own game. If I have enough time, and/or if enough people desire it, I may look to add the Ranger Class feature as an update to The Art of Combat, cos it just took me about 9 hours to land. I’ll post some pics in Adrayvia’s forum channel later (Project Adrayvia [WIP] - Action RPG with deep roots in Norse Mythology - Work in Progress - Unreal Engine Forums) I suppose. Night guys!

So I posted the images for Adrayvia’s Ranger Class here: Project Adrayvia [WIP] - Action RPG with deep roots in Norse Mythology - Work in Progress - Unreal Engine Forums. Please note that this is a feature of my personal project, Project Adrayvia, and is not currently implemented in The Art of Combat. Maybe just one pic here:D:

So, the Art of Combat goes live in a few hours, and I’m still in the process of making the tutorial vid. To be honest, I didn’t realize how large the system is, and so after an hour of voice-overs I had only scratched the surface. I’m gonna try visual cues instead this time. If you absolutely need a tutorial vid for The Art of Combat, it’s going to take a bit. I am however, available on Skype if anyone needs help as regards how to use it, explanations of the code and stuff (although I did comment the BPs a lot, and all these should be explained in the tutorial - that’s what it’s for:D).

Anyway, I’m working on it.
Thanks.

So I made tutorials and just requested for the updated version to be reflected on the Marketplace. I used UE4’s Tutorial Blueprint system, and tried as much as I could to explain as much as possible. Still remember, this system is for designers. If you’re just starting out in BP, or coding, you might need a bit of BP knowledge:D. So I can sleep now…lol…

The Art of Combat is finally live! Took a while:D. Does anyone know how to change the ‘Submitted’ status of this post to ‘Released’ though?

I made a new video that serves as a technical overview here: The Art Of Combat - Technical Overview - YouTube.

All of this can be done by watching these tutorials UE4 Battle Arena Game - Maelstrom Saga - YouTube.

Quick example of what I did using a component I made that can be added to any pawn and give them access to combos.

All of what, exactly, sir?

I agree if you follow Mezio’s tutorials, you can develop a nice combat system yourself. I do recommend it if you wanna learn the ropes of combat and animation using montages in UE4. However, The Art of Combat has unique systems (mostly Targeting systems, Hit Reaction…blah blah). Also, as advertised, The Art of Combat is intended for quick iteration (you still need your own anims of course:D).

One more, very important thing to note, is I just wanted to create something useful for the Unreal community (“then why not make it free??”, lol I know).

The real question I want answered is: Is the system worth the price? This is my first time producing something for the Marketplace, so to be frank, I don’t know. I would like honest feedback (if someone does purchase it). What I could do to make it better, if it is worth less and so on.

Thanks .

[QUOTE=;491026]City of Titans Update: Prototype Mission Test - YouTube example of what I did using a component I made that can be added to any pawn and give them access to combos.
[/QUOTE]

Looks really cool.

Hey I wasn’t trying to be mean I just thought it was priced a bit high from what I can see without owning the system. In my video all of the pawns were using my component for their combinations that’s what was meant by all of. My component once added to any pawn gives you the ability to perform combos. Of course you still need to add anims. Her is a sample screenshot of what becomes available once the component is added to a pawn.933ab10e2db308987b126cca9e7aec5f665d2959.jpeg

Well this is good. If your system was available on the Marketplace when I began working on the combat system for Adrayvia, maybe The Art of Combat wouldn’t have been created at all. But it was created. And it’s serving its purpose already.

Back to your system, do you have plans to make it available on the marketplace?

After talking to a few people I think I may submit it to marketplace. Will do a gauging interest thread first.

Cool. Looking forward to it.