The addition of the DelMar Goldrush level plugin has bricked my project

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Summary

I am unable to open my project in UEFN as a result of the latest Fortnite update due to a new level plugin being created by Epic with the same name as my project.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Work on a project with a name
  2. Have Epic create a new level with the same name as your project
  3. Try to open your project in UEFN after the update

Expected Result

I would be able to open my project

Observed Result

I am unable to open the project and instead receive the following error:
Failed to open project
project path/Goldrush.uefnproject

Failed to load plugin
project path/Plugins/Goldrush/Goldrush.uplugin

There’s already a registered plugin named Goldrush at this location:
Program Files/Epic Games/Fortnite/FortniteGame/Plugins/GameFeatures/DelMar/Levels/GoldRush/GoldRush.uplugin

Platform(s)

UEFN

The status of FORT-757473 incident has been moved from ‘Ready for QA’ to ‘Closed’. Resolution Reason: ‘Duplicate’

For reference, linking another thread in the World Creation forum that has some more details of the issue.

2 Likes

Sorry, what? Why? This is a blocker, why would this not be fixed?

Is it possible to get more information as to why this won’t be fixed? Could we get some sort of support in resolving this error on our side if that is the case? This will result in months of lost work if we are never able to open our project again.

Checking

2 Likes

Could we get access to someone’s project so we can do some further checking?

2 Likes

We would appreciate any help we can get. Would it work to send you a direct message on Discord to discuss how we can get you our project files?

@Flak Hi Flak! Currently we have the project on our own repo and it does not use the built-in UEFN repo. We’ve zipped it up and can send it, we just need to know how and to who.

Unfortunately this setting also seems to be something that needs to be set within the editor, but as you know we’re not able to load into it with this project in order to do that change.

Please let us know how best to send it and we’ll to it ASAP. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi there! You could email it to me, I’ll DM you my address.

@jv_srs DM sent

Sent. Thank you @Flak !

Please let us know if you need anything else from us to help with this.

Got it and forwarded, thank you!

4 Likes

@jv_srs I have your project, is there someplace you’d like it uploaded?

Hi @Flak I DMed you some info. Please let me know if that doesn’t work. Thanks!!!

hello @jv_srs
I’m the one that (hopefully) fixed your project… does it open fine for you?
because I don’t have access to your project on our servers I could not test it with your project/modules ids (the ones written in the bindings section of the uefnproject file)
if all is well, I’m also curious to know whether it associated the Goldrush_ local plugin with the same Goldrush module on our servers; can you go here and tell me whether the project still only has one module?

4 Likes

Hi @HeyPickledDave !

Thanks a ton for your help! We’ve been able to start up the project in editor which in of itself is a major win so thank you! We are getting a few warnings and errors, but nothing show stopping and they should be fixable as far as we can tell right now. We’re going through it still though. We will get back to you soon and answer your question and let you know if we have any issues.

Thank you very much @Flak and @HeyPickledDave !

2 Likes

yeah, I had errors (wrt to non-spatial actor referencing spatial actor) and warnings (wrt to nanite materials) in the project you sent us as well

Hello @HeyPickledDave !

First of all, thank you for your assistance! We have just finished testing everything, and the project is working properly.

We did lose a few actors and the folder hierarchy in the Outliner, but those are relatively easy fixes.

Errors and warnings that you mentioned - we are aware of those, we believe it has something to do with world partition and/or data layers.

From the link that you have provided, it looks like it did associate Goldrush_ with the original Goldrush. Here is the screenshot of the Modules tab:

srs_goldrush_new - was one of the new test projects that we created while trying to fix the initial error. Should we somehow remove it from the Goldrush’s Modules?

Once again, thanks to both of you @HeyPickledDave & @Flak !!

modules cannot be removed unless you have sys admin privileges
it doesn’t matter, that orphan module has no effect on the game or the editor